• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who is your ideal President of the three names consistantly on ballots?

• Total voters

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've heard time and time again a variation of, "If Gary Johnson, et al. had a chance to win, I would vote for them in a heartbeat."

This got me to thinking, and I've thought about this before, as I'm sure many of you have. If you're honest with yourself and really would vote for him if he stood a chance, why not get everyone that says that AND ACTUALLY VOTE FOR HIM? I swear just on the number of people that SAY that he would be elected. So this is how the poll works. If you thought the three people listed in the poll had an equal chance, who would you vote for? This is just an experiment.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You are wasting your vote, since you can't "write in" anyone in Indiana.

Proof please.....because all the websites I've been to all say Indiana does have write ins an Virgil Goode is a presidental candidate in Indiana.....please share the link that says Indiana is not a write in state, because I can't find it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You are wasting your vote, since you can't "write in" anyone in Indiana.

Everything I am seeing in my Google searches disagrees with you.. from what I am reading, all states except Arkansas, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, Oklahoma, and South Dakota allow write ins..

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    http://www.in.gov/sos/elections/files/2012_Voters_Bill_of_Rights.pdf

excerpt said:
    Using a Paper Ballot:
    If you are using a paper ballot for an election or using a paper ballot during an emergency repair of the voting system, the following apply:
    1. Check your ballot to ensure that it has the initials of both poll clerks on the back and is not marked or damaged.
    2. Make a voting mark (an “X” or “√”) in the circle or square to indicate the candidates or political party ticket for whom you wish to vote. If you cast a vote for a write-in candidate, clearly print or write the name of the candidate on the appropriate location on the ballot. If you make a mistake, you should request a replacement ballot from the clerks.
    3. Fold the ballot so that your choices are secret and so that the initials of the poll clerks are visible.
    4. Deposit the paper ballot into the ballot box.
    Using an Optical Scan Ballot:
    1. Check your ballot to ensure that it has the initials of both poll clerks on the back and is not marked or damaged.
    2. Use the pen or pencil to shade in the oval, square, or circle (or connect the arrows) on the ballot to indicate the candidates or political party ticket for whom you wish to vote.
    3. If you vote for a write-in candidate, clearly print or write the name of the candidate on the appropriate location on the ballot. If you make a mistake request a replacement ballot from the clerks.
    4. Check your ballot to ensure that you have completely shaded in the symbols or connected the arrows.
    5. Place your ballot inside the envelope provided so that your votes are secret.
    6. Deposit your ballot in the ballot box or direct the judge to de-posit your ballot for you.
    Using a Direct Record Electronic Voting Machine:
    1. Touch the button or indicated location on the screen to vote for the candidates or political party ticket for whom you wish to vote. If you vote for a write-in candidate, type the name of the candidate on the appropriate voting system screen (or write the name and office on the paper roll beneath the appropriate window).
    2. Check to make certain that you have reviewed all the races on the voting system screens and voted in each of the races for which you wish to do so.
    3. Touch the large button or indicated location on the screen to cast your ballot.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    IC 3-8-1-2 states that a candidate must file a declaration to be a write-in (kinda makes it not a write-in doesn't it?) And 3-8-1-5.5 states that it cannot be someone that was defeated in a primary and not nominated by another party.

There are many other disqualifiers to the above mentioned candidates as well as the beloved Dr. Paul.

Perhaps I should have phrased it, "At this point there is not a candidate you can write-in."

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    IC 3-8-1-2 states that a candidate must file a declaration to be a write-in (kinda makes it not a write-in doesn't it?) And 3-8-1-5.5 states that it cannot be someone that was defeated in a primary and not nominated by another party.

There are many other disqualifiers to the above mentioned candidates as well as the beloved Dr. Paul.

Perhaps I should have phrased it, "At this point there is not a candidate you can write-in."

Ah, so they are playing fast and loose with the definition of write in, sneaky..

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

First you say "no write in" in Indiana....now your saying no candidate.....Virgil Goode did all the above an is on the "write in" to vote for.

Hmmmmmm.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Proof please.....because all the websites I've been to all say Indiana does have write ins an Virgil Goode is a presidental candidate in Indiana.....please share the link that says Indiana is not a write in state, because I can't find it.

IIRC, Goode should be a candidate that you can write in because he didn't lose a primary election. Ron Paul doesn't fit that which is why you can't write him in. Well, you could but it won't be counted.

Edit: I should've read the rest of the thread, looks like this has already been addressed.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    IIRC, Goode should be a candidate that you can write in because he didn't lose a primary election. Ron Paul doesn't fit that which is why you can't write him in. Well, you could but it won't be counted.

Edit: I should've read the rest of the thread, looks like this has already been addressed.

I might also add the Green Party candidate is also on the "write in" here in Indiana.....of course that will soon be refuted too I suppose.....hmmmmmm.

Top Bottom