• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    If I could possibly go down as one of the best players of all time, you can bet your ass I wouldn't sell out and go to someone else's team(it's D Wade's team).

His legacy is tainted, but I hope he enjoys his championships. He'll certainly be getting them, but I can't root for him anymore, which is unfortunate...I really liked watching him in Cleveland though.

If MIAMI wouldn't have gotten L E B R O N, MIAMI would have had a hard time just making the play-offs:twocents:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I guess I don't see how it tainting anything. He wanted to go play on a team with talent which also happened to have two of his close friends on it. Who wouldn't want to work with their close friends?

Not to mention, Cleveland didn't appreciate him or even try to build a supporting cast around him. Kobe couldn't get a championship without help and neither could MJ for that matter.

How come people didn't whine and cry when Kevin Garnett left the Timberwolves after 13 wasted years? How was that any different than Lebron? In fact, that was worse since it was 13 years and not 7. Just goes to show you how whiny of a city that Cleveland is. They suck at every sport because they FAIL TO SPEND MONEY ON THEM and have some of the dumbest owners in the history of sports!

GoBigRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    Even though I generally root for the East I've got to root for IU alum Mark Cuban's Mavs! That is one guy that is truly living the dream, seems like a pretty decent guy as well.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If I could possibly go down as one of the best players of all time, you can bet your ass I wouldn't sell out and go to someone else's team(it's D Wade's team).

His legacy is tainted, but I hope he enjoys his championships. He'll certainly be getting them, but I can't root for him anymore, which is unfortunate...I really liked watching him in Cleveland though.

When you are a free agent and decide to switch teams, that is not selling out. He had given Cleveland 7 years, consistent 60 win seasons, a final appearance. They gave him Boobie Gibson, over the hill Shaq and Antwaan Jameson.

In order for someone to be loyal, he must get equal treatment in return. That was not the case with Cleveland.

Its truly mind boggling how people give him so much crap, yet couldn't care less about the Big 3 in Boston. Its no different in that situation, Kevin Garnett was an elite player but went to a team stacked with talent to get his ring. Did he sell out because Minnesota wasn't going to give him a team to win a title?

Its a completely ridiculous argument.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There are a lot of great players who never earned a championship ring. No matter how good a person is on the court and off, a ring can only be earned after winning four of seven games on the floor. Now, I would like to see Dirk win one, since he may have fewer opportunities in the future, based on his age and the key players on his squad. The big-three in Miami have a few more opportunities ahead of them.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    There are a lot of great players who never earned a championship ring. No matter how good a person is on the court and off, a ring can only be earned after winning four of seven games on the floor. Now, I would like to see Dirk win one, since he may have fewer opportunities in the future, based on his age and the key players on his squad. The big-three in Miami have a few more opportunities ahead of them.

So true Que, But the BIG 3 in MIAMI took a pay-cut so they can play together:D The H E A T is the most hated N B A team:( I think there is some ENVY;)

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    So true Que, But the BIG 3 in MIAMI took a pay-cut so they can play together:D The H E A T is the most hated N B A team:( I think there is some ENVY;)

Yeah, I don't get it. Everyone didn't **** and moan when Boston did it. I guess that must be because of the legacy behind that team. Pft. :dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yeah, I don't get it. Everyone didn't **** and moan when Boston did it. I guess that must be because of the legacy behind that team. Pft. :dunno:

Boston is my least favorite team in the East for that reason.

The Heat are a close second.

Basketball has been a joke ever since the Celtics picked up 2 players and became champions overnight.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Boston is my least favorite team in the East for that reason.

The Heat are a close second.

Basketball has been a joke ever since the Celtics picked up 2 players and became champions overnight.

Da bulls picked up 6 rings with MJ & SCOTTY PIPPEN, you don't see me HATING;)

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Dirk deserves a ring.

No one deserves a ring unless they win one.

They were both drafted by Chicago.

What does that matter? So you are saying people who leave the team that drafted them are sellouts? I feel bad for players who get drafted by the Pirates, Lions, Clipper, Bobcats, etc. You will never be able to be a real player.

I mean seriously, Lebron took the Cavs to highs they had never seen. Best record in the NBA, NBA championship appearance, etc. I really dont see how this is so hard to figure out. He did not see them providing him with what is required of an NBA champion team. That being, more than 1 great player.

So he decided to go to a team with two of his close friends to see what they could accomplish together. Better team, better city, bettere quality of life, and a MUCH better chance to win multiple rings. I am not a Heat fan, but its because of the whiners I hope the Heat win the next 5 in a row.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom