• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Paul is a friggin' STUD. That article first appeared online some time ago, got spread to various forums, and was reprinted in SWAT Magazine earlier this year. IIRC, he took 3 classes in 3 months (Tricon, EAG and Magpul), and his AARs are quite good, also.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    What a great lesson and what a GREAT American Hero, men like him are why I'm still proud to call myself an American :patriot:

Unbelievable the debt we owe him and all his brothers and sisters who have went into harm's way and continue to do so everyday.

To be wounded like that and still have the desire and calling to continue to serve his fellow man by passing on the lesson's he learned the hard way is very, very humbling.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    What a great lesson and what a GREAT American Hero, men like him are why I'm still proud to call myself an American :patriot:

Unbelievable the debt we owe him and all his brothers and sisters who have went into harm's way and continue to do so everyday.

To be wounded like that and still have the desire and calling to continue to serve his fellow man by passing on the lesson's he learned the hard way is very, very humbling.

X 100!!! And also worth mentioning IMO, our warriors today are ALL volunteers.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Semper Fi

I too am a former Marine and this article just brought me back from the abyss of overconfidence. I've been considering some basic courses, but had rationalized that I knew my stuff pretty well. This story has opened my eyes, it's been a long time since I've had that training and it wasn't comprehensive. I'll be signing up for some classes, starting at the beginner level to be sure that I've covered all bases.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That young man is one Bad Azz Grunt! Sure makes me feel like a lazy azz for not doing more to prepare.

cyberwild360

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Great Story. As a current Marine it's good to know that he is still trying to help Marines. Alot of the things we learn in the Marines is on the job training (OJT); one of those things being quick reloads. I learned in boot camp (2003) that for quick reloads, like you would use in combat, to just through the empty in your cargo pocket. We are also taught that you always know where every piece of gear you own is that way when you reload you don't have to look down and fumble with gear. If you drop your head you'll most likely drop your rifle. Those are the things I learned and it just sucks that he wasn't taught them as well. Every instructor is different and has their own experiences to pull on. Learn as much as you can.

Semper Fi

BIGE7.62

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Wow ,that Marine is a true AMERICAN HERO!! now all we need to do is get afew more of are kids to look up to someone like him, instead of some overpaid NFL,NBA,MLB, RAPPER ,HOODRATwe would all be better off

hoosier969

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    thanks for your service, and great write up!!!

i dont have any combat experience, but those sound like great pointers.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    My nephew joined the Coast Guard this year and went to the East coast for his basic training. In the two months he was at USCG Boot Camp he never fired a firearm with real bullets!!!!! Whats up with this? Firing lazers, squirt guns and paint ball guns??? I have heard that the Government was cutting back on expenses but this is not right. I have been told the Army is using M-16's with .22 uppers for training to save $$$ and maybe firing 40 rounds of centerfire ammo if you are going over seas. I fired only live rounds through my M16 and M14 before going to Viet Nam. This is the way it should be. Shoot with what you are going to use. I am meeting him in Ohio in two weeks to attend an Appleseed Event. A great place to start his gun firearm training.

OutaAmmo
    U.S. Army Vet
    Appleseed Rifleman 2009

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Semper Fi, to him and all who serve, here and overseas. The training sure
    has improved, over 30 some odd years, and its about time.... The NG, used to use .22 for training, but went back to .223, and a pop up target range..... that way you could see what was happening at different ranges... I could hit at 300 yards, but not at 50 yards...

Top Bottom