Lessons learned from the Zimmerman trial.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I learned that even though this case was about right to self defense. The minority % will always find a way to turn it around into a race issue, The media labels riots as protests like the one in Oakland, The NAACP is only trying to instigate more violence and turns its back on black on black violence only to advance its agenda against whites, People are afraid to help someone in trouble for fear of retaliation or being labeled, and If you own a gun your a bad person looking to kill according to everyone who hates guns.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Lessons learned?

Kel-Tecs, despite public opinion, can get the job done. ;)
    The mainstream media is horrible at reporting, no one had the balls to come out and give facts.
    I learned my liberal Bloomington friends depend on CNN and Nancy Grace too much. Seeing them comment on the trial and the outcome left me facepalming often.
    NBC is awful.
    Etc.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    So, now it's our job to follow people? If Martin was just walking, why possibly engage in conflict? Unless you see someone commiting an illegal act. Like rape, assault, etc. He was forced to kill someone. I don't disagree with him defending himself. However, he could of avoided the entire thing, but chose not to, and now has to live with it for the rest of his life.

he also could have avoided it if he was not carrying in the first place. all of us could avoid shooting someone also by not carrying, it doesnt mean we should.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I learned quite a few things.
    1. According to some, following a suspicious person is grounds for that person to threaten to kill you and to beat your head into the concrete.
    2. Defending yourself with deadly force by said suspicious person who threatens to kill you and will beat your head into the concrete should be considered a punishable offense by some Americans.
    3. No one really cares about the thousands of people gunned down on the streets daily by thugs, but thousands will get fired up and emotional over one kid with a criminal record with intent to hurt someone.
    4. Obama will play the race card anytime opportunity presents itself, as will his minion Eric Holder.
    5. Laws be damned, you can be prosecuted if Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton holler loud enough.
    6. The media will do everything in its power to convict you in the court of public opinion.

I could go on and on.

You know, I agreed with the verdict from this case, from a legal aspect; however, can you PLEASE explain how the fact that Martin had a criminal record matters, but it doesn't matter that Zimmerman had a worse criminal record? I've not watched anything on television about this case until today. Many outlets are voicing disagreement with the verdict, but the more I read about this case on INGO, the more I believe the media is used as a crutch for those who want to hold fast to certain beliefs concerning Martin.

I can't say I've learned anything from the case, but I'm learning a lot about other things.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I learned that even if you are in the right, due to politics you can be charged and forced to go to trial against all common sense. Then its a crap shoot if you survive. Best to use situational awareness and try to stay as clear of confrontation as much as possible in the first place. Because I as I eluted to, right is not always right. As long as Liberals own the goverment and the media, we should fear them both. Zimmerman will suffer for this the rest of his life.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Trayvon Martin Body After Being Shot Dead By Zimmmerman & The Last Moments Of His Life! - YouTube

Not safe for work.

A mans view on the shooting,its deep and gives a view from a different perspective.

That video goes off course of what did I learn. I don't see it as any different view than that of the mass media. He based everything on race. For the love of God this was not about race. I wish everyone would stop trying to make it about race. It was about the right to self defense.

A young man died, and that is a tragedy for certain. He died directly due his own actions. Did Z's actions play a part, yes but Z's actions were not that of the aggressor and he did not confront Martin. Z did not shoot Martin before Martin started beating him. Z did not racially profile Martin, but there is evidence that Martin racially profiled Z. So if it has to come down to race why is it more sad that Martin died when it could have very well have been Z? Is one color of skin more important than another? Martin was also 17 in some legal sense still a child in others not. I joined the USMC when I was 17. Seventeen is a young adult, not a child. Martin made a decision to attack Z. If Martin had been successful in killing Z then I bet he would have been tried as an adult.

I wish I lived somewhere that I didn't feel the need to carry a gun for self defense, but sadly this case only confirms to me that carrying a gun is a very good idea, that is if you want to live.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I learned people will go bat**** over this case, but ignore others like Marley Lion.

Marley was a victim of a robbery. Marley did not attack the man that shot him. The man that shot Marley was arrested. This was also as in the Z vs Martin case not about race. It just happened to be a black man that shot a white man. There was no reason for outrage other than it was a crime, both cases were not racially orientated crimes.

Z was not arrested initially because the victim is not usually arrested. There is perceived inaction in the Z vs Martin case by those that brought political pressure to bear to have Z arrested because they refused to acknowledge that Z fired in self defense. They wanted to make it about race because from a legal stand point they didn't have a leg to stand on, so play the race card.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    So, now it's our job to follow people? If Martin was just walking, why possibly engage in conflict? Unless you see someone commiting an illegal act. Like rape, assault, etc. He was forced to kill someone. I don't disagree with him defending himself. However, he could of avoided the entire thing, but chose not to, and now has to live with it for the rest of his life.

not quite what happened but it is always better to argue against strawmen tben actual facts

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    You know, I agreed with the verdict from this case, from a legal aspect; however, can you PLEASE explain how the fact that Martin had a criminal record matters, but it doesn't matter that Zimmerman had a worse criminal record? I've not watched anything on television about this case until today. Many outlets are voicing disagreement with the verdict, but the more I read about this case on INGO, the more I believe the media is used as a crutch for those who want to hold fast to certain beliefs concerning Martin.

I can't say I've learned anything from the case, but I'm learning a lot about other things.

not all crimnal records are created equal.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Don't try to do the job of the police. Zimmerman should have stayed in his car. As gun owners, avoid confrontation at all costs.

:dunno: But was not the reason Z got out of his car was becuase the operator (not 9-1-1 since Z called the non-emergency #) wanted Z to verify the address/location he was calling from and Z could not read the number on the house. In addition at some other point when the operator told Z it was not needed for him to chase/look for TM that Z said OK and was walking back to his vehicle.

Z's job as neighboorhood watch captain was to look out for the neighborhood and that entials following, calling in, asking strangers what they are doing in the area. Is that not the job of a NWC?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Z's job as neighboorhood watch captain was to look out for the neighborhood and that entials following, calling in, asking strangers what they are doing in the area. Is that not the job of a NWC?

I believe you are describing a security guard.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    vader_zps13ddc94f.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I believe you are describing a security guard.

No, its what neighborhood watch people do. My area was getting alot of crime, people got fed up and started on with help from the local Sheriff....we followed, took plate numbers, asked people that were parked in certain places if they "needed help", ...example, brother in law at 1 a.m. found a car parked at the river near town, a place we believe they parked to come into town to steal......he asked what they were doing, they said getting ready to go fishing....ok, have a great night, then he wrote down the plates and left but watched them.....they took off fast like they were on fire......crime dropped fast. But at anytime one of us could of been attacked, and then there would be those who would say it was our fault, we should just let the thieves have there way.

Top Bottom