• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    He's not denying them any rights or liberties, you know that. Appleseed is still free to offer their discounts to whomever they wish.

Why would you wish to deny him the right to express his opinions how he wishes? Heck, by going and paying, he's subsidizing a pretty sizeable number of people. Maybe he just doesn't feel he should have to pay the tab for so many others. Appleseed has the right to offer discounts to any they wish. People have the right to spend their money, or not, how they wish.

Do note that I'm not taking a stance one way or the other on who Appleseed offers free training to. But it's tiresome when people try to deny others the right to express themselves, and the almighty dollar is one tool for doing so.

Joe, neither he nor anyone I've seen in here has tried to deny him the right to express his opinion. It sounds more to me like they're just trying to comprehend the reason why, which he explained. Of note, though... He has the right to express his opinion on Appleseed's new policy change just as others have the right to express theirs on his stated reason.

To me, it comes across as petty jealousy.

Despite that, I would disagree with the idea that either Appleseed or DZ are better off without the other. America needs people who understand her history to be the ones voting. DZ is certainly vocal, though I think his tact is lacking in situations involving certain issues. I know not how well he shoots nor his knowledge of the real events of 4/19/1775, however I have yet to find anyone who cannot gain SOME new information they didn't have at one of our shoots, provided their mind is open when they come.

I extend the same offer Eddie and DHolder have extended, the same one I make to anyone at a shoot I attend as an Instructor. I will never charge for the use of my rifles, slings, swivels, etc. I try to make slings, swivels, ammo, etc. available for purchase if someone wants them at the same price I pay for them. If someone comes to a shoot missing equipment and I have it available, I am happy to loan it out.

We are an American heritage program. We want people to understand the Founding principles. Who better to learn or to be reminded of those than the people our society trusts to enforce the laws?

Blessings,
    Bill

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The reason this thread was started is great, the turn it's taken is, however, disgraceful. If someone wants to hate a group of people they've never met simply for the uniform they wear than let them. There is no need to respond to ignorance.

So, I assume this change is meant for the full Appleseeds? Aside from finding the time, I never really had the spare funds to attend the full shoot. I think now that the money issue has been eliminated I need to find a weekend! Thanks to all involved with Appleseed for all that you do, and I hope to see you soon!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Jun 26, 2008
    I think Appleseed should make sporting goods employees free, too, so we can spread the word about how good it is! :D

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    He's not denying them any rights or liberties, you know that. Appleseed is still free to offer their discounts to whomever they wish.

Why would you wish to deny him the right to express his opinions how he wishes? Heck, by going and paying, he's subsidizing a pretty sizeable number of people. Maybe he just doesn't feel he should have to pay the tab for so many others. Appleseed has the right to offer discounts to any they wish. People have the right to spend their money, or not, how they wish.

Do note that I'm not taking a stance one way or the other on who Appleseed offers free training to. But it's tiresome when people try to deny others the right to express themselves, and the almighty dollar is one tool for doing so.

Um, I asked two QUESTIONS. I never once proposed to deny anyone anything. I simply asked WHY one would do something and WHETHER one had done something in the past.

All your baloney about "denying him the right to express his opinion" is not well put as I never once PROPOSED that, or anything else.

Once again, QUESTIONS, not PROPOSITIONS, ARGUMENTS, or the like. Thats why you see "?" at the end of my sentences, not "."

I never even said he shouldn't boycot them, I just asked why he would do so.

Speaking of straw men...

Kick

Grandmaster
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow, +1 to Appleseed. I understand the some people do not like LEO's and are of the opinion that they are paying for them. (To which some degree they are). I fully understand that. However, one of the best parts about this country is that anyone who does not like it, is free to leave anytime they want.

As for Appleseed, I think it is great that they are allowing LEO's and military to build upon their skill set (that they may use to save your a** one day) free of charge. I also think it is great they they are allowing women and children who otherwise may not pay for the training to expand upon their knowledge of firearms. They are doing exactly what INGO is about, sharing their hobby with others. Isn't that what we are all part of this forum for?

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    Thank GOD, you never PAID MY Salary and if you did I'll gladly return you a couple of Pennies :noway:

Working for Marion County, we did a rough estimate and if you took what my salary is, each individual tax payer of Marion County pays less than a quarter of a penny to my salary. So you giving a couple of pennies would be very generous!

I'm going to pass on this information that Appleseed lets LEOs shoot free. I'm sure a lot of Marion County Sheriff Deputies and IMPD officers will like to hear that!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    This discussion has strayed WAY off topic.

To recap and get back to the topic at hand:

LEOs shoot for free. :rockwoot:

Get off the couch and come join us. :patriot:

Top Bottom