• ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's the scenario...
    Police show up at your door and say they got a 911 call from your address. You tell them no one called. They say they want to come in and check to make sure everything is OK. You provide picture I.D. with your address on it and say, "No, you may not enter my house."
    What happens next?

A. The police say the 911 call is reason enough to for them to search your house and they do so without your permission.

B. The police say they REALLY need you to cooperate, but they do not forcibly enter your house. After a while, 30 minutes or less, they leave.

C. The police camp in front of your house until they get a warrant and then search your house.

D. Some other thing happens. Please explain.

I would really like someone who knows to tell me what police procedure is likely to be.

Thanks,
    Doug

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    There is no set procedure that I've seen that states you must or you shall for an incomplete 911 call. It's a gray area that's going to depend on the totality of the incident.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    blinking-eye.gif
    bee.gif
    teacup__r1030203301.gif
    L

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Another thread on this? Really?

What held you back from asking this question in the other 2-3 open threads on this subject?

Well, the first one went to 11 pages discussing how the police trace cell phone calls...
    In the second one, I DID ask the question, but two people began yelling at each other about what the law is and what it SHOULD be concerning searches and admissible evidence and my questions got lost...
    Sorry if it annoys you...

Doug

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Ya thats nice, the OP asks a question & six people post BS posts that do nothing but clutter up this already cluttered forum. :noway:
    IMO, anyone that posts that utterly rediculous "IBTL" post in someones thread should have it deleted as well as have an infraction towards them. not to mention the ones that post" oh no not another post on this" IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY THING TO ADD TO THE OPS POST, THEN DONT POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to answer your question Doug, Im going to go with A, I think the LEOs would tell you a 911 call is reason to see if everything is OK in your home, Im not saying i agree with this, but from my 911 experiences that is what will happen

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    Ya thats nice, the OP asks a question & six people post BS posts that do nothing but clutter up this already cluttered forum. :noway:
    IMO, anyone that posts that utterly rediculous "IBTL" post in someones thread should have it deleted as well as have an infraction towards them. not to mention the ones that post" oh no not another post on this" IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY THING TO ADD TO THE OPS POST, THEN DONT POST !!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Well... my experience was that I said "no, you can't come in" ... they asked that we dial 911 while they were there (outside) so they could see what address the system reported when we actually did dial 911. When they got the wrong address they left.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If htey think they have reason to come in, and need to, they'll come in.

If they are satisfied that all is well, they won't.

If they aren't sure, they might make you wait at the door with them while they get a warrant, or more likely they'll com in and hope they can articulate adequate reasoning for doing so when called on the carpet for it. And if the citizen files a complaint, they'll need to do just that, conspiracy theories to the contrary.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    IMO, anyone that posts that utterly rediculous "IBTL" post in someones thread should have it deleted as well as have an infraction towards them. not to mention the ones that post" oh no not another post on this" IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY THING TO ADD TO THE OPS POST, THEN DONT POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:soapbox: :mods: Great job interview to becoming the next Mod!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

Now to answer your question Doug, Im going to go with A, I think the LEOs would tell you a 911 call is reason to see if everything is OK in your home, Im not saying i agree with this, but from my 911 experiences that is what will happen

IBTL :D

Top Bottom