• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for the insight guys. I like the idea of having a backup that accepts the same mags as the primary firearm. I will keep my eye on the forums for a g27. Does anyone know what the Leo discount would be on one compared to normal price? I can be pm'd with that info if preferred. I don't have the money at the minute to drop $500 on one.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    FWIW, the last Glock 27 that I bought was from an officer
    who had recently been given the option of a 42 for his BUG.
    he bought one, trained with it, and qualified with it and
    said he couldn't believe how much he liked the 42...
    so he decided to sell his 27.
    YMMV

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    I have carried a variety of back up guns during my career. Simple if your friend. I currently carry a S&W 642 hammerless in a belly band type holster under my shirt. I have carried ankle holster before with no problems just takes getting used to. If you go that way, I'd recomment the Galco Ankle Glove. The important thing is to carry a back up gun!

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Originally, I planned on a revolver as a backup. It's what I grew up believing in. The first time I considered a semi auto was when someone suggested the g27, which seems like a very logical idea. The idea that my magazine is interchangeable is an awesome design on glocks part. I had my eye on a taurus ultra lite 38+p. what do you guys think? I would really like a s&w 686 but it's not in my price range.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Originally, I planned on a revolver as a backup. It's what I grew up believing in. The first time I considered a semi auto was when someone suggested the g27, which seems like a very logical idea. The idea that my magazine is interchangeable is an awesome design on glocks part. I had my eye on a taurus ultra lite 38+p. what do you guys think? I would really like a s&w 686 but it's not in my price range.

Lots of the older generation will still swear by their J-frame sized revolvers for a BUG, as that was the gold standard up until not so long ago. My dad, way back when he first put on a uniform, couldnt afford much of anything as a back up. His first BUG was a 38 derringer that he found to hold him over until he could afford something more reasonable as a BUG. If you have a Kel-Tec, and you are comfortable with it, use it until you can afford the one you want. Not that the Taurus ultra light wouldnt work, but if you are looking for a G27, the price tag on the Taurus will set you back to almost $0 before you start to save up for the Glock. The .380 is less than optimal, but then, so would a 38 Special given that your primary is a G22.

Top Bottom