• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    The S&W 642 and a 686 I own had a few issues when I bought them. I sent them back to S&W and they fixed them and as of this date haven't had any other problems with either of them since. It in no way soured my faith in S&W revolvers. My dealer even told me these were the first S&W revolvers that he has ever had to send back. Just my bad luck (story of my life)!LOL...............:ugh: And sorry guys these aren't on the Trademark shooter@5(4)life big piece of cardboard(I was lazy)LOL...............
    x2v392.jpg

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I bought a keltec p3at (.380acp) for situations when I can't do the holster carry such as when wearing suits...which are meant to be tight fitting. Anyway the gun won't cycle hollowpoints and always jams after every shot.

I did a little research and you gotta do some kind of "fluffing" or modding ect so I just said screw it I'll just load it with ball point ammo as those fed reliable.

I bought a P3AT a while back and had terrible jamming. Tried the fluff and buff, but had no confidence that a little sanding with 440 grit could make a difference. But it did. An hour of pretty enjoyable work, and that little pistol never jammed again. I sold it and bought a PF9, did the fluff and buff first thing, I've never had a single malfunction. So if you like Kel Tecs, don't be afraid, the fluff and buff works, and it's a good, "pleased to meet you" exercise to have with your new gun.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Indy_Guy_77; "I had big issues with the Springfield EMP that I had for a little while. THAT saga has been posted here a couple of times, though. Long story short, Springfield replaced the slide. I made sure that the gun ran 100% and sold it, with full disclosure of the issues, to a fellow board member. As of right now, he's absolutely tickled pink with the pistol and hopefully will continue to be!"

And it still runs at 100% :rockwoot:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    2j491t4.jpg
    S&W 642 Air Weight .38SPL snub-nose

The S&W 642 and a 686 I own had a few issues when I bought them. I sent them back to S&W and they fixed them and as of this date haven't had any other problems with either of them since. It in no way soured my faith in S&W revolvers. My dealer even told me these were the first S&W revolvers that he has ever had to send back. Just my bad luck (story of my life)!LOL...............:ugh: And sorry guys these aren't on the Trademark shooter@5(4)life big piece of cardboard(I was lazy)LOL...............
    x2v392.jpg

These were my wife's and I "his and hers", still have them in the safe and still love them as much as the day we bought them, I upgraded to G19, but she still sports the 642!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    I Have One

Does any gun from Century count or are they all expected to be lemons? :):
    I have a nice Yugo M-70 under folder AK in 7.62x39MM that is a good one! :D Again sorry about the Trademark cardboard(It's a lazy day)LOL........

Last edited:

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    1. Taurus PT945- Absolute turd. It never made it through a mag without a jam. Traded it off on a Ruger P95.

2. Century Cetme- Had frequent feeding problems and I couldn't get the front sight to move. Sold.

3. Century Golani- Would not extract cases, resulting in many damaged rounds. Sent back to factory, they fixed it, worked great. Sold.

4. Hesse H94- One of the few roller operated MP5 clones he did, frequent feeding problems. Sold.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Has there ever been anything good from Hesse? I don't believe I've ever heard a good thing about them.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    olympic arms lower.... missed an entire pass when cutting out the mag well... have to pull mags out with some degree of effort... thinking about taking a file and cutting the grove deeper.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Century Arms 87 ultra 12 guage
    basically its a replica of a remington 870 12 gauge. This thing is a piece. I have put so many remington parts in it the only thing that will be century arms after I am done is the receiver. All the guts will be remington maybe even the barrel and buttstock. Its a jamomatic :wtf:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Century Arms 87 ultra 12 guage
    basically its a replica of a remington 870 12 gauge. This thing is a piece. I have put so many remington parts in it the only thing that will be century arms after I am done is the receiver. All the guts will be remington maybe even the barrel and buttstock. Its a jamomatic :wtf:

a PUMP action that jamms? that just seems odd.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Para Ordnance P-14

Para Ordnance P-10

Para Ordnance Companion LDA

None would feed reliably. Didn't experience the great customer service many brag about.

Ruger 77 Mark II VT 308 Winchester - the chamber was so far oversized the base of the brass wouldn't fit in a Redding or RCBS sizing die. "Built to specifications".

Top Bottom