• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Are they any LEGITIMATE reverse phone number lookup sites?

I have what I believe to be a landline number, and there doesn't seem to be anymore online places that do a reverse phone directory search.
    There used to be several.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've used Google a few times and had pretty decent luck. Sometimes it shows you just where it's coming from, sometimes not. Tried doing an overseas number earlier today, (scammers got a hold of a friends info and are trying to get money from his friends) and had no luck. Guess Nigerian cell phones don't show up.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I own an investigations firm and would happy to take a stab at it for you. PM over the number and, unless it's a prepaid number, there's an excellent chance I can trace it for you. If it's an unlisted phone number, I'll have some questions about why you need it, but can more then likely still help.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This one found my home number just fine :

Free Reverse Phone Number Lookup | WhitePages

I already tried them.
    It gave me a general area of where the number is, but I want a reverse lookup they way they used to be.

The name and address like it would be in the phone book.

They offer to charge my cellphone and give me the name, but I've read other reviews with say they don't actually do what they say.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I already tried them.
    It gave me a general area of where the number is, but I want a reverse lookup they way they used to be.

They offer to charge my cellphone and give me the name, but I've read other reviews with say they don't actually do what they say.

This search does give my name and address just like a phone book. Are you sure the number you're entering is a landline?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch
    I already tried them.

This search does give my name and address just like a phone book. Are you sure the number you're entering is a landline?

Yes, the whitepages search says it's a landline, and they'll do an additional search for $1.99 to be billed to my cellphone.

Another place US Search says the same thing.

I have no problem with paying a reasonable fee for this.
    I just don't want to get into a situation where every step keeps telling me "for an additional fee"..... and then I never get the info.

I simply want to discreetly do a reverse phone search on a number that may be about nothing, and is mainly just curiosity as to who it is.

This never used to be a problem in the past.

Top Bottom