• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Glockamole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Disclaimer:
    I am not looking for a public stoning, rather I would like to raise awareness to the community about a local thief and the criminal business he operates out of. This person lives in your backyard and the backyard of others. I would rather not see anyone fall victim to the same circumstance myself and many others are now facing.

I apologize for originally disobeying the rules and my user name will be changed after 6 p.m. tonight in accordance with this forum's policies and rules.

Let me give you some background on where I/we am/are today and where this story begins.

If you allow me, I will attempt to summarize a year+ worth of news on this current, open debacle.

Around November 2008, an individual named whose alias on this site is, CUE7467 started a Doublestar stripped lower group buy on internet forum, 1919a4.com: Beltfed Fun for 1919 Enthusiasts - 1919a4.com Portal. If you have an hour plus, you can view the mess here (Lower Group Buy-Helping Chris *** Thread Is Open - 1919a4 forums). The first few tacks threads are all related to this snafu.

Due to the sheer size of original participants he was able to negotiate a price with Doublestar that was fairly aggressive. I don't recall the exact amount per each lower, but it was quite competitive compared to retail. After Obama was elected, Doublestar lowers and lowers in general doubled in price so I was quite happy with my decision to participate in the group buy. His affiliated FFL, B&D Guns, is well-known in Noblesville, Indiana. His father had great rapport in the gunsmith community, and they all seemed like straight arrows.

Cue was very upfront, transparent, and responsive. He posted his cell phone number, local mailing address and all other information needed to contact him as he initiated this group buy. After I made the decision he was legit, I and many others began to send him money to participate in the group buy. I sent a total of just under $700 in two checks, one endorsed by B&D Guns, the other by a relation to CUE7467.

After Obama was elected the backlog for most manufacturers was spanned out to 6+ months. I was fine with that since it was clearly communicated by Chris. Chris then reopened the group buy to allow for more participants. He soon received too many orders and his records went into disarray. He tried to reconcile his monies and participants and attempted to post a list of participants and money received for our public review. It was clear he was way over his head. People began to back out and requested refunds as it was apparent this was turning into a **** mess and was severely unorganized. He opened a 30 day refund window, and began sending refunds to those who requested it. I requested a refund on February 2009. He acknowledged my request and personally promised my refund was "in the mail", I waited a week, another week, and another week. When I inquired, he told me he forgot to put it in the mail, and he assured me it was going out again. More weeks passed and my refund was not received. Others were in the same boat and patiently waited. We gave the guy a benefit of the doubt and offered him help and some even offered extra money to help in his efforts.

Fast forward to October of 2009 and a group of us decided to pursue legal action to retrieve our monies after it was clear Chris did not have the capability to identify who needed to be repaid and it was unclear if the funds were even available to be repaid. Some participants did some background research on the family and it turned out one of the Penley's house was near foreclosure. That raised another red flag for us. He also publicly admitted to not knowing where the funds were held. He mentioned not having access to them since they were in a "business CD." More lies, deception, and misdirection.

We formally filed a complaint with the State Attorney General of Indiana. The State of Indiana Attorney Deputy, filed a lawsuit naming myself and many others as plaintiffs against CUE7467, and B&D Guns. I can provide the lawsuit for review after I remove personal addresses of other plaintiffs. The lawsuit was ruled in our favor and a consent judgment was agreed upon with the State of Indiana and the Penleys. The Penley’s later breached the consent and repayment was forwarded to the Collections Division. He and now his family is on the line for restitution of over $28,000 and in my opinion should be formally charged with interstate commerce fraud. This debacle has been going since early 2009 and I want to make you aware of these thieves that operate in your community.

Do not extend patronage to this thief or his affiliated business unless you wish to support criminal behavior. Please spread the word to your friends, shooters, etc. The community deserves to be aware of this situation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hummmm, I remember a big uproar when he first came on board.
    There were issues with other gun sites and his (bad) dealings on the interwebz.
    If you search some of his first posting here on INGO you will see him discuss it himself and claim innocence. :twocents:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I almost got in on that group buy, but I saw how effed up it was organizationally and how large it was going to be and intelligently it seems, did not participate. +1 on me.

Glockamole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    An officer was originally investigated CUE7467 and Company for criminal misconduct, but the state trooper later came to the the following verbatim conclusion,

"Sorry for the delay of my correspondence. I quickly realized this is a very large and involved investigation. I have been in contact with the Indiana Attorney General’s Office and have learned they have already filed a civil lawsuit against B and D guns on your behalf. As a police officer I have no authority to deal in civil law, which in a way is kind of the situation you are in. I do however have the ability to investigate this criminally and proceed with criminal charges against the suspects in this matter. I have reviewed each of your complaints and have been in contact with the prosecutor in the county where the Penleys live.

The criminal statute that covers these transactions would be considered theft, however Indiana State Law says in order for something to be considered theft I have to prove without any doubt that the Penleys never intended to hold up their end of the deal. Through my research I have found that Dianne Penley does operate a legitimate business under the name B and D guns. I have not had the opportunity to interview her yet but I will. I have to prove to the court that her and Christopher took all of these orders with the intent to scam you out of your money. The problem lies that it appears they have filled a couple of orders. Please don’t be discouraged with this information, it does not mean that I am giving up. I plan to fully pursue this until every avenue is exhausted. I wanted you to be aware of where we are in the investigation.

To sum it up I have no authority to get you your money back, that is why the Indiana Attorney Generals office got involved, however I have the ability to bring this investigation to a prosecutor to see if they will file criminal charges in this matter. I will be in contact with you if I need further information for the prosecutor. I understand this is a frustrating process for all of you, I just ask for your patients as this could take a little time.

If you need to reach me please do so by email, it is the quickest way for me to respond to you."

Thank you,

Officer XXX,XXX

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I almost got in on that group buy, but I saw how effed up it was organizationally and how large it was going to be and intelligently it seems, did not participate. +1 on me.

+1 with me. Heck, I think I posted the link here on INGO to the GB there...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've just been informed that another mod OKd this thread. That said, as I posted in the other one, cue7467 is no longer a member of this board, not since January, when I banned him. I appreciate your stated desire to help out INGO members, but cue is no longer on here.

Thanks, and have a great day.

Blessings,
    Bill

Glockamole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Thank you Bill for allowing me to use this forum as an outlet to voice my frustrations and to inform additional INGO members of these criminal individuals. I was unaware at the time of my original post that he was no longer a member here.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom