• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdseidl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And if the animal injures anyone, you can be arrested for assault. I think a better plan would be to get some plastic capsules with the same basic noxious chemicals inside, provided they dissipate... eventually. That way, you can't be charged with assault, or destruction of property.

I heard about a case where some engineering students were having a similar problem and were unable to study for exams and were unable to properly attend to their lectures. They rigged up a 6 Hz oscillator and amplifier, fed them through one of their stereo loudspeakers, weighed down with furniture, because the power wave was causing it to jump around. The speakers were directed downstairs into the apartment of the offending parties. A couple of days of that and when the students came home, everyone in that apartment were retching their guts out (vomitting, not literal gut retching). So, include infrasound along with noxious odors in your arsenal of legal get-evenness.

This also works well, BTW. I'm also guitarist, and low audio frequencies (along with high) can really mess with your equilibrium. Anything outside the human hearing range, through a PA (which one ups on a stereo any day) will do the job.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This.

Your apartment building management has a lot better options than the police do in this instance. In most places a noise ordinance violation is a simple citation, maybe $40 fine or so. It would have to be REALLY bad for a disorderly conduct arrest to happen if he's in his own home. Not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

The apartment management can evict him, a much more substantial threat. They can also trespass the party goers who aren't on a lease, etc, to cut into his social life a bit. In an ideal situation, you have a sworn courtesy officer who can both write tickets and act on behalf of the property owner to issue trespass notices, etc.

Nope, I can evict on anything that's a lease violation. Having the po-po called out to your unit twice is a lease violation. You get one freebie. After that, you're gone.

OP, what's in the lease?

Ive already done the direct talk & called landlord.

Did no good at all.

Ill be calling landlord again today, this last 3am party has produced
    some damage.

Cig butts in the hall and the exit sign is half ripped off.

Jimmy

Can you clarify something? You mentioned "apartment" in first post and then "landlord" in this post. Generally, I think of apartment as a big complex with hundreds of units and an entire on-site property management department that's staffed 6 if not 7 days a week. But I think of landlord as the owner/lessor of a single family or double (or perhaps triplex or 4-family building) who operates by himself and doesn't work on-site.

The rest of your post ("hall" and "exit sign") makes me think big complex, but I just want to make sure I'm working off of your operational definition and not mine.

Check your lease.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have an asswipe next door in my apt that like to
    star partying at 3am.

Its been going on for a while and I have to do something
    to stop it.

Can I file a complaint and force him into court?

Jimmy
    Since you are not obligated by owning the property, don't even talk to the other person...not your job. Contact the rental manager in person first. If that doesn't work, call the police each time that it happens after. Then send a certified letter requesting to move or be let out of your lease due to unresolved complaint.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Its a smaller bldg. with 5 upstairs units and 2 store fronts
    downstairs.

Been here 13 1/2 yrs. At least 1 other neighbor is not happy.

Jimmy

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I travel a lot for my job so I stay in hotels frequently. I have had people in the room next to me making noise in the late hours. I have to leave early sometimes at 5:00 am. I find a spanish speaking channel and turn the volume full blast upon leaving the room.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Call the squads.

If you shut off his power (if you have the ability to do so), you're in violation.

If you throw a 'skunk in the door', you're in violation.

If you blast your music in reprisal, you're in violation.

Call the squads.

Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I really don't see how one could be in violation for blasting some crazy music back at them when they are doing the exact same thing and getting away with it and nobody is doing anything to them in the first place. It's what I would do whenever they quiet down and get ready to sleep....blast the music then leave for work or whatever. If they do anything to your apartment perhaps you were lucky enough to have some hidden cameras already setup to capture their bad doings and then you can have them for destruction of property or or something else worse.....

Top Bottom