• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    I have the lee Value press and it works fine. the classic is made a lot stronger base and linkage I think the difference in price is worth what you can afford I have used both .if I was buying new and could afford the classic I would buy it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The body of the Value press is aluminum and the Classic is cast iron. I had the Value press many years ago and sold it. One of my presses now is the Classic Turret and it's worth the extra bucks. The Classic single stage is built the same way.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Go for the classic turret, I have one and still use it even though I also now have several progressives. It's a solid press and I'll never get rid of it.

ETA: Yes it is worth the extra $70 IMO.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    yes it's worth it. Everything else in the kit is improved as well. The difference in the Pro powder drop is big, the book is important, and the primer feeders. That's way more than $70 worth. Do it, love it, never look back!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Book, pro powder measure and safety prime is about $70 worth of stuff. If buying new get the classic kit. Honestly it is enough press for the casual shooter.

I Have the value turret press. I like it. No regrets. But if I were to ever start reloading rifle the classic would be better. Either press will work for 9mm, 45 and 223

Top Bottom