S3010374.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Do you believe it's a better set up for precision loads or do you just not like the newer, faster models?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i use it for small loading quantity's 100 or under.....when i want to run large number of rounds i setup the 650...

Lee loaders will load very accurate loads...just slower...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I've got a few lee loaders. I've been using them because I've been moving a lot recently and I dont want to pull out the press and set it up just to take it down in a few months. My house renovations will soon be complete and I'll have my own reloading room, til then the lee loader is where it's at.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I used one quite a bit to reload right on the range. If a load wasn't any good, I only had a few to pull, then if a load showed promise, I could load up 8 or 10 and test them right away. Its amazing how accurate a load you can make with probably the cheapest set of reloading tools there is.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I started with a Lee Loader I bought used for $13. I loaded hundreds of rounds that way and enjoyed it immensely. Made some good quality ammo with that tool. Very slow, though. I finally bought a hand press because I needed a factory crimp die to put a good crimp on jacketed bullets so they wouldn't get shoved into the case in a tubular magazine. I still pull out the Lee Loader once in a while just for the joy of using something so simple yet so effective. I'd like to have one for every caliber I shoot.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I agree I would love to have one for each caliber, but I've got to get my feet wet. I've been looking at this setup from midway USA, but idk what else I would need just yet:

Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Kit

You will need a set of dies for the caliber you will be reloading. I prefer the 4-die set. You will also need a bullet puller, and a caliper.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree I would love to have one for each caliber, but I've got to get my feet wet. I've been looking at this setup from midway USA, but idk what else I would need just yet:

Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Kit
    Powder, primers, bullets in your favorite caliber, dies in your favorite caliber, and a reloading manual. And then some one to help you get started. Perhaps one of the frequently offered reloading classes offered on this board.

Top Bottom