• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HardKnox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Vincennes
    I am looking to start reloading and with being in college and living in an apartment I do not have a table i can mount a press too. I was at the LGS yesterday and saw the Lee hand press. It felt like it was built solid. I will not be doing a ton of reloading to start. I shoot weekly at the local club and will reload after a couple weeks. Was wondering if anyone has experience with the Lee hand press.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Hand press is ok for sizing but you will be disappointed trying to seat the bullet and crimp. Better to get the small press and make a simple wooden stand for it. I started with this set-up and made it attach to the top of a 20mm ammo can. Kept it in a closet.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I've had great luck with a lee single stage press that I attach to a chair or table with a big c-clamp. Easier if you bolt the press to a piece of wood [I used a piece of 2x6 about 8in long]

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    While I was in (back in for the 5th time) college, I didn't have anyplace to reload either. Take a look at the pictures in the album on my profile page. That box with a press it 16 X 16 X 8 inches and I have reloaded around the country, and even in the back of my van.

Tuffenough22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    I just bought a lee quad turret loader, and love it! I bolted it to my computer desk I had at Purdue University. Where there is a will, there is a way!

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Its been too cold to reload in the garage so what I did was mount my press to my cutting table. I first used my single press but then found myself bumping stuff and spilling powder and dropping my cartridges. I'm now using my Lee turret press. Less touches and can do it inside without taking too much space.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I've been using a hand press for over 8 years now. I've used others, but due to a "renting" existence, I do not have space for a large press outside of the one for shotshell loading (Pacific).

Never had an issue, however, you will want good seating dies (dead length ones or "competition" ones) to remove the "play" in the press.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom