• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuttjs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Just wanted to start somewhere new for reloading my brass. I was looking at getting the Lee Classic Lee Loader kit. Wasn't sure if that would be good enough to get me started? Thoughts on it?

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    The lee classic loader is the press that I use to reload 45acp, 9mm and 44 mag. Its more than adequate to reload what u want it to. It just depends on how fast u want to do it. Its a great press to learn the basics of reloading.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Lee Classic Loader Kit, OR Press??

Just wanted to start somewhere new for reloading my brass. I was looking at getting the Lee Classic Lee Loader kit. Wasn't sure if that would be good enough to get me started? Thoughts on it?

The "Wack a Mole" kit WILL make loads--VERY slowly...

The lee classic loader is the press that I use to reload 45acp, 9mm and 44 mag. Its more than adequate to reload what u want it to. It just depends on how fast u want to do it. Its a great press to learn the basics of reloading.

Not sure if the OP is talking about a "Press"??....Bill.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yea its like whak-a-mole, and that scares me. I'm trying to use it for my .30-06, but haven't got the guts up yet. Smacking a bullet down into a loaded case is not something I get too excited about.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    If this is the kit you are talking about, it is a great press.
    https://fsreloading.com/classic-turret-press-kit-90304.html

I have one and love it, not as fast as a progressive, but you can turn out between 150 and 200 rounds an hour once you get set up. Caliber changes are a breeze if you get a turret for each one, and the powder measurers are reasonable enough, that I have one for each of my die sets.
    (Hint: get the adjustable charge bar for the powder measurer, you won't regret it!)

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    Not sure if the OP is talking about a "Press"??....Bill.
    Yep, I was mistaken and thought the OP was talking about the Lee Challenger press. Guess I had one too many beers when I posted that response last night. Sorry. Just goes to show that you should always take any advice that is found on the interwebs with a grain of salt. :):

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    The thing about the lee loaders is they're good, but certainly not ideal.

It will get you started, if you're looking for the smallest investment. Also, if for some reason you can't own a press, it's great. For about a year I lived out of a duffel bag and a Rubbermaid box while I moved from place to place. Because of this, hauling around a Rock Chucker was out of the question, but a couple of lee loaders kept me in business.

The kit is pretty good, but in my opinion you need to add two things, a set of calipers and a scale.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I startedout with one of these in. 38sp. It is better than nothing. If you can afford more than by
    All means get a bench mount press....If you need to be portable get a hand held press.
    Lyman use to sell a dohicky that worked like pliers but I was told they're a pain.'

Top Bottom