• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    If it is based off Lee's numbers, it will also be off one or two disks with almost every single powder.
    And, your computer has a built-in calculator, also.
    If you use the Lee Auto-Disk, you should keep track of the disk volume and the charge thrown. Take the charge weight and divide by the CC number and get the conversion factor. Multiply the next CC by the conversion factor and get a good estimate for the charge weight using your lot of powder. Keep records.
    My disks/lot of powder gave me the following:
    231/HP38 10.2 gn/cc
    540/HS6 14.1 gn/cc
    AA2 11.8 gn/cc
    AA5 14.6 gn/cc
    Clays 6.6 gn/cc
    Herco 7.8 gn/cc
    Power Pistol 11.1 gn/cc
    Red Dot 6.4 gn/cc
    Trail Boss 4.3 gn/cc
    Unique 7.9 gn/cc
    WAP/Silhouette 13.3 gn/cc
    571/HS7 15.3 gn/cc
    N310 9.2 gn/cc
    WST 8.5 gn/cc

Yes, I know how to calculate it manually. The link in question had drop down boxes that automatically set the proper factor based on the type of powder you are using and also had ways to enter the data that made it much easier to find results without the hassle of looking everything up. It was very handy to use!

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    No, it is handy to use. The point I was making was that the bulk density number needs to be determined on a lot number basis and not just use Lee's number or even the number you got 5 years ago. Gave my numbers in case someone wanted to plug them in and see if they got closer to the actual dispensed weight.
    I just use my own Excel spreadsheet that takes my bulk density number and shows the estimated charge weight for every disk.

Top Bottom