• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Maybe XD shooters should consider using a linked belt conversion, with enough ammo you might be able to eventually hit what you are shooting at!!!:D

I do OK standing still but when I incorporate movement into a drill, I find myself tripping over piles of
    everyone else's little 7 round 1911 mags.:):

I would have to spend half a day and get a loan to afford the ammo it would take to make me run dry.:draw:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I leave my glock mags loaded all the time. 2 ten rounders in the fobus dual mag holder, one 10 rd in the car, a 13 rd in the car, a 10 rd in the gun, and a 13 rd for daily spare when I'm not in a bad neighborhood, lol. My SKS I've only got two of the 4 loaded right now. But can get them ready quickly if needed. Most of all the other mags for my other guns are loaded as well.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    What I have been told over the years is general rule of thumb is magazines need 8 hours of rest (unloaded) per month, and you can keep them fully loaded for the rest of the time.

:laugh: LMAO You are joking right? I hope so

It is better to leave your mags loaded. Material fatigue (from loading and unloading) is more of a problem than material creep. So in other words, if you're unloading your mags to "save usable life" you're actually decreasing their usable life.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    :laugh: LMAO You are joking right? I hope so

It is better to leave your mags loaded. Material fatigue (from loading and unloading) is more of a problem than material creep. So in other words, if you're unloading your mags to "save usable life" you're actually decreasing their usable life.

Not kidding! That is what was told to us in the Glock armour's school, Let them rest eight hours a month, Just passing along information that was told to us, Use it or dont, I have seen shot guns not fire after a long time sitting cocked the firing pin spring gets week and no longer has the power to force the pin into the primer, These are just my experiences yours may be be diffrent, and buy all meens do what you think you need to do. He was asking for opinons and we are all going to have one, I was just sharing mine. I do know if your having troble with rounds fliping in the mag when your shooting its because they have goten week from being loaded all the time. Just rotate your mags so you do not let them all rest at the same time.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I had a failure to fire during a firefight in Iraq due to the ****** GI magazines wearing out. That wasn't a fun moment at all.

With my pistols, I carry 2 magazines, and they get rotated with a third one every Sunday so each one has at least a week off every month. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I had a failure to fire during a firefight in Iraq due to the ****** GI magazines wearing out. That wasn't a fun moment at all.

With my pistols, I carry 2 magazines, and they get rotated with a third one every Sunday so each one has at least a week off every month. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Nope not paranoid! sounds to me like you want them to last a lifetime, and save a life when it comes time to use them. :yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I keep all of mine loaded to capacity all the time. If I have to grab **** and run, I don't want the kid to have to sit around loading mags while Dad's shooting.

Just buy some spare springs if you're worried about it.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    My standard is, handguns - load mags 1 short of capacity. Rotate an empty one bout every month. Except my pt145....only have two mags...as I am having difficulties finding more mags.

Top Bottom