• ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    FYI, alot of multitools are reviewed at multitool.org - Home

I second the Wave. I also have my sideclip from many years ago. I wish more multitools had pocketclips. I am considering a skeletool. Once you start carrying a multitool you will wonder why you didn't before.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've carried the same Leatherman PST since 1994. It's been back once for refurbishing. It is EDC, and I use it alot. I have two other Leatherman. Years ago I had to pick someone up at the airport in Indy. Well I set of the metal detector, they asked what I was carrying "Just these pliers" as I opened my Leatherman, showing the pliers. "Ok, go on thru". Would never happen today.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I own several (~5) Leatherman Tools. My everyday favorite is the Skeletool CX. It is sized right for the professional but can do all of the tasks of the bigger brothers (i.e. Supertool). The blades are sharp, pliers are strong, screwdrivers do not break, and they seem impervious to everything including owner's stupidity. (I cut a live 110v wire once with the Supertool):rockwoot:
    Was that electrifying, or just shocking ?????

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A carry the original version of the Super Tool all the time. I got the new Super Tool 300 for Christmas, and it's a lot bigger and heavier! The pliers and wire cutter are much improved, but most of the the individual tools are less than impressive compared to older models of Leatheman tools. The knife blades and saw are stamped from noticeably thinner stock for one thing. Not a big deal with the knives, since thinner is better for slicing, but the saw does not inspire confidence the way the saw in my original Super Tool does.

PeacekeeperMX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    I've had an original supertool since they came out & I carry it every day. It's amazing how well it's held up over the years. I use it every day but haven't really abused it and it's in amazing condition. They only thing I've done is sharpen the main blade, touch up the screwdrivers I dinged up and tightened up the joints when they get a little too loose for my liking. I also bought a new cordura case for it a couple years ago. It was only around $8 direct from Leatherman. It's a great tool. I was thinking about a 300 but I better check one out close before I shell out the $$. Thanks for the heads up on that rhino!

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I recently bought a Gerber and I think the quality seems very good. The construction seems well done and they have a durable finish. We will see how it holds up long term. I did compare it to the Leatherman (I purchased at Menards) and they seemed similar but long term use will really be the deciding factor. The Skeletool looked very nice but was a little out of my price range. I bought the Gerber for 29.99.

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    I have a Leatherman Wave that I've been considering adding one of those stick-on clipdraw clips, to keep it in my pocket. It came with a leather sheath, but I think a clipdraw would make it perfect.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom