• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jharbeson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Pekin
    I had the same problem when I first started shooting my 4006. I haven't had the problem since I first started. At first I couldn't believe what happened then I figured out it was me.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Run a box of WWB through a chronograph, you will most likely find that velocity's are all over the map. Low enough at times to fail to cycle the gun properly. Also, most of their brass is below SAMMI specs.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I watched hundreds of hours of videos be for I even purchased. But that only gets you so far. Plus I like to gradually work on my aim. Im not shooting pretty tight groups at 10 yards :) next step is 15 yards.

I found the striker fire triggers in guns like the M&P take a bit of getting used to. I was a single action revolver guy for years, and that is a very different trigger pull. In fact, my S&W 66 has about a 2.5lb trigger pull in single action mode. The grouping will tighten with practice.

I have found my favorite trigger to be that on my 1911.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Would a limp wrist malfunction keep the empty casing completely inside the chamber? I have seen lots of videos with a stovepipe result, but not the ejector completely missing the empty case. ( I think this is what the OP is describing?)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    lack of oil can also cause issues with fte. usually its limp wristing, but i did have a stint fighting fte's in a training session. we evaluated, dropped some oil on the rails, and had no probs the second half of the day

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The initial posting suggests what looks like a double feed, but is actually a failure to extract. Fixing either uses the same procedure:

1. Muzzle pointed in safest direction; finger out of the trigger guard and alongside the frame in register position
    2. Lock slide to the rear
    3. Strip magazine
    4. Rack slide vigorously at least three times; make sure you allow the slide to travel forward into battery unimpeded to increase the chance of the extractor hook slipping over the rim
    5. Reload
    6. Resume activity

Step #2 can be omitted with some guns, typically Glocks, Sigs, Paras, and some other double stack guns.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    lack of oil can also cause issues with fte. usually its limp wristing, but i did have a stint fighting fte's in a training session. we evaluated, dropped some oil on the rails, and had no probs the second half of the day

I make sure i clean and oil after every shoot. it slides like butta

The initial posting suggests what looks like a double feed, but is actually a failure to extract. Fixing either uses the same procedure:

1. Muzzle pointed in safest direction; finger out of the trigger guard and alongside the frame in register position
    2. Lock slide to the rear
    3. Strip magazine
    4. Rack slide vigorously at least three times; make sure you allow the slide to travel forward into battery unimpeded to increase the chance of the extractor hook slipping over the rim
    5. Reload
    6. Resume activity

Step #2 can be omitted with some guns, typically Glocks, Sigs, Paras, and some other double stack guns.

it was basically like a double feed with a fte instead. the mag wasnt too jammed in there, i held my thumb on the mag release and released some pressure from the slide and it came right out.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I read a ammo test a while back and it had included the WWB ammo in it. I have search for it and can't seem to find it. The test stated that the value packs had consistent lower velocities than the fifty round boxes. My question to the OP, was this on the fifty round box ammo or the hundred round box?

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I read a ammo test a while back and it had included the WWB ammo in it. I have search for it and can't seem to find it. The test stated that the value packs had consistent lower velocities than the fifty round boxes. My question to the OP, was this on the fifty round box ammo or the hundred round box?

It's actually funny that you mention this... Because yesterday me and a buddy went out, I had told him to bring a couple hundred rounds, and I would as well and we would shoot my gun. I brought a 100 round value pack, and 1 50 rd box, he brought 3 50s.

And guess what... during the 100 round box, i had another fte. This time i handled it quickly without issue.

No other failures from the other 200 rounds. Btw, the first fte was with a 100rd box as well

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A chronograph would determine the answer to the bulk pack vs. 50 round box velocity difference quickly.

rhino out!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    As an added bonus, the WWB is absolutely filthy. You will want to clean your gun after each range trip.
    Winchester should be completely ashamed of themselves for putting their name on such poor ammo.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    As an added bonus, the WWB is absolutely filthy. You will want to clean your gun after each range trip.
    Winchester should be completely ashamed of themselves for putting their name on such poor ammo.

Yea I knew that before I even bought, but hell, im meticulous about cleaning anyway so no worry. And surprisingly, I think the federal range ammo actually left a bigger mess after only a couple hundred rounds

Top Bottom