this year my 4 year old girl is ready
    cant wait for nice weather

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    I cannot agree with that vid.......no eye protection, no ear protection, no sense in that....and the dad is exhibiting poor gun handling, IMO....

I hope the OP is not the one in the vid, if so, he needs more safety training, again, only my lowly opinion.....that kid knows not what he is doing, but dad supposedly does..Yikes.

Too young for that kind of shooting.

I will take my beating now, from guys that think THEIR 3 or 4 or 5 year-old is plenty mature enough for shooting a potentially deadly weapon. And the smartest kid on the planet.

I am Out.......;)

editing my post, I just realized the vid I watched was NOT the vid in the OP's post, that one has been deleted............sorry for the mistake...3-5 is still way too young, though....

Last edited:

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    not my kid (i have no kids yet) but when i do get around to that part of life i plan on learning them as young as possible every kid needs a lever action 250 shot red rider with a compass in the stock:ar15:

JohnR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Hancock county
    Started my off young as well. Shot a round of sporting clays with the (then) President of the Indiana Sporting Clays Association and he complemented my 14 Year Old (at the time) son on his gun safety. Made me feel like I may have done something right.

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    Teach em young

My kids LOVE to shoot my 10-22. I set up a little homemade shooting rest on my picnic table and let my 4 year old shoot while I sat behind him holding on for life. He definitely still needs some time. As for my 8 year old daughter that isn't the case. She shot a 2" round spinning target 10/10 @ 40 yrds! After she did that I didn't even shoot cause...well you know. :rolleyes:

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    My little girl is 3, and shows a lot of interest in my firearms, as well as reloading. She loves to help me load bullets, and listens very well, but I don't think she is quite ready to start shooting yet unfourtunetly. Hopefully, when she gets closer to being four I will be able to start her off on her Crickett (Thanks INGO !!), and my P22.

Top Bottom