• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This would spiral out of control with retaliatory court packing going back and forth until you have more justices than House members - because you need to add increasing numbers each time. FDR wanted to pack the court early on in his presidency and better, saner minds prevailed pulling him back from that lunacy.

John

Huh?
    Did you miss something.

If the "LEFT" got to pack the court, BUT the "RIGHT got to PICK the people,...
    then when the RIGHT took power, why would they pack the court again.

No side wants to give the other side more power.

Which is why, if you add more, the OTHER side should pick them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This would spiral out of control with retaliatory court packing going back and forth until you have more justices than House members - because you need to add increasing numbers each time. FDR wanted to pack the court early on in his presidency and better, saner minds prevailed pulling him back from that lunacy.

John
    Do '... better, saner minds ...' still exist in any meaningful way on the left?

I still can't shake the feeling the overarching progressive plan is the same one that Hugo Chavez used to seize power in Venezuela - promise enough people enough goodies to get elected and then 'do what thou wilt'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Enforcing 18 USC, Sect. 1507 is never going to happen regarding demonstrations in and around the six conservative justice homes. It would supremely p155 off the Democrat base and most especially he hard left young progressives they need to man phones, stuff envelopes [ballot boxes] and knock on doors during the midterm campaigns. The demonstrators around the justices' homes are among those they need for campaign minions. It's the same reason Biden is desperate to see a clear path to cancel (more correctly, forgive) all student loan debt that can withstand a fed court challenge. If demonstrators had converged on Sotomayor's home for some reason, the FBI SWAT teams would have been out in MRAPs on day one rounding everyone up in shackles.

John
    Fixy

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I still can't shake the feeling the overarching progressive plan is the same one that Hugo Chavez used to seize power in Venezuela - promise enough people enough goodies to get elected and then 'do what thou wilt'

That all depends on what the man with the gun decides to do.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County

Isn't that how all the politicians do?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Huh?
    Did you miss something.

If the "LEFT" got to pack the court, BUT the "RIGHT got to PICK the people,...
    then when the RIGHT took power, why would they pack the court again.

No side wants to give the other side more power.

Which is why, if you add more, the OTHER side should pick them.
    No . . . I didn't miss your split on who expand and who selects the justices. I was remiss in qualifying my response after quoting you.

Doing your proposal would require a Constitutional Amendment changing the POTUS appointment with Advise and Consent of the Senate approving it, at least for a court expansion event - which would make it complex to codify. Since court expansion would be an Act of Congress, how would you determine "which side" did the expansion? I'm asking this rhetorically as I really don't want to dive into the spaghetti bowl of how it could or would be codified. My brain hurts just thinking about it briefly.

Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, et al. are all trying to figure out how to change the court balance, including giving the justices appointment terms instead of lifetime - so they can sunset at least two of the conservatives. I'm dumbfounded at how little they think ahead beyond today and what the long-term effects and consequences would be, which are more often than not something they would not want. Goes into the same bucket as the lunacy of dropping voting age to 16, or making DC, Puerto Rico and USVI states (none of whom have any real desire for it - for federal tax reasons).

John

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Pro-abortion group Jane’s Revenge is calling on supporters to take to the streets the night the decision is announced. (Full diatribe at link in accordance with INGO copyright rules, but it is worth the read for the situational awareness.)

View attachment 206799
    These whackadoodles are about 70% of the way to being terrorists. All they're missing is a suicide vest.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The linked article is well worth the read if you want to see some bat**** crazy loons.

They may be BSC, but we’ve all seen what some motivated leftist agitators can do when called to action.

These whackadoodles are about 70% of the way to being terrorists. All they're missing is a suicide vest.

There have been more crisis pregnancy centers that have been firebombed in the last few weeks than there were police stations set on fire during all of the 2020/2021 festivities, and that was based only on the rumor that they were going to rescind RVW - there’s not even a body to go with it.

After leftist agitators got a free pass for those years, they see that conservatives get hammered for J6, AND they have a Democrat administration just begging them to riot? Those agitators are chomping at the bit to get back out in the streets.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They may be BSC, but we’ve all seen what some motivated leftist agitators can do when called to action.

There have been more crisis pregnancy centers that have been firebombed in the last few weeks than there were police stations set on fire during all of the 2020/2021 festivities, and that was based only on the rumor that they were going to rescind RVW - there’s not even a body to go with it.

After leftist agitators got a free pass for those years, they see that conservatives get hammered for J6, AND they have a Democrat administration just begging them to riot? Those agitators are chomping at the bit to get back out in the streets.
    And I'm afraid they dont realize that just because conservatives are religious, that they will lie down and take it when the violence starts against them. I'm afraid somebody's going to miscalculate their opponent and end up getting Grosskreutz'd.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    And I'm afraid they dont realize that just because conservatives are religious, that they will lie down and take it when the violence starts against them. I'm afraid somebody's going to miscalculate their opponent and end up getting Grosskreutz'd.
    No, I read on ingo that we were to turn the other cheek!

Top Bottom