• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I just received an email with the question; "Can I own a gun like this or am I restricted because of the LE title it has?" He wants to buy a Bushmaster M4 A3 Carbine AR15 Law Enforcement. I don't believe it is a issue and can't find anything on the BATF site or book. Any feedback would be appreciated.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    He wants to buy a Bushmaster M4 A3 Carbine AR15 Law Enforcement.

Which gun, specifically, is he looking at, and what makes it "Law Enforcement" according to Bushmaster? If it is semi-automatic and has a 16" or longer barrel, he's good to go. Any "restrictions" placed on such a gun would be Bushmaster sales policies, not laws.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I have seen some of these that are marked for law enforement sale only and when I asked they told me that Bushmaster set a lower price as a perk to Law Enforcement.

Pop Guns told me that so take it for what it's worth. :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    they told me that Bushmaster set a lower price as a perk to Law Enforcement.

If that's the case, and if the program is similar to Glock's LE/Mil discount, the guns are typically sold minus the FET (Federal Excise Tax) and the officer has to show credentials/ID at the time of purchase.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    No LE marked guns are from the first ban. All LE guns had LE sales only on them. Also some company's have still been putting LE only on them for liability reasons. I have 5 AR's marked that way, When the ban was lifted no one wanted to buy them because they said LE only.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    My AR and the 30 rounders I have for it are all marked LE/Military only. I bought mine whne the AWB expired the first time as it was made during the ban.

I am not aware of any problem owning one. I have talked to cops and have friends who are cops and not one of them has said anything negative to me about it.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    Brother you are good to go! Unless it is a PD only weapon (select fire) which you would know about pretty quick, there are no restrictions.

kmcamp1221

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Southwest Indy. (Camby)
    I completely agree with fpdshooter. All those "Law Enforcement Only" weapons and mags don't mean anything right now. They are left overs and carry overs of the highly efficient (just kidding) Assault Weapons Ban that expired in 2004. Unless it is a full auto, burst, suppressed, or AOW type of weapon your safe.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The ones with LE only markings are usually worth more on the market which means that you'll most likely have to pay more to get one. Other than the markings there are no differences.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom