• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    It occurred to me... while you might already have an LCP to let her try, if you two are ever down in the Indy area, she can try out my Crossbreed holster for it. Its VERY comfortable, doesn't require your pants to be much larger than usual, and hides the thing incredibly well.

I agree with those who say she should have a different gun for range time and still get an LCP (or similar) to have something small enough she can always have it with her.

I also agree with the recommendation for a defensive pistol course. I highly recommend the one the Boone Co. Sheriff puts on. He offers a "ladies only" class so she can take it without fear of being hit on by a bunch of guys. Of course hubby might be more interested in her taking that one than she is :D The sheriff will also loan equipment if you contact him ahead of time. That way you can take the class BEFORE deciding on what kind of gun you want. He will strongly discourage you from using an LCP for the class. He thinks they are great little guns, but not appropriate for a 2 day class.

PM me if you want to try out the holster. If you are willing to pay for shipping (and promise to send it back), I could possibly mail it to you to try.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Hold off Missy... There's a new player in the game.

I know I implied that guns like the PT709 is just a (bad) compromise between the LCP and the SR9, but now Ruger has gone and done just that.

The new LC9 may be just the ticket...

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    The LC9 looks very intriguing but I'll hold off for at least 6 months to see if any teething pains come up. Would definitely be a nice replacement for the LCP. But wait! I already have a LCR.... LOL. I must say, Ruger is coming out with some sweet pistolas.

mojo2530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Cedar Lake
    my wife picked out the sr9c recently and loves it! she has small hands and likes the fit. she has shot it a handful of times and is very happy with it. i personaly have an lcr (357) and im very happy with it.however she has shot mine and does not like it at all. but to be fair shes not a fan of revolvers.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wouldn't it be better to try out a small compact 9mm? I know you said you like the Ruger LCP and LCR, the looks, cuteness, and all. But whatever you decide to carry, that's the firearm you rely to defend yourself with. IMO, a .38 and/or .308 just isn't big enough for me to depend on to save my life.

You'd be surprised how easily I can conceal my Glock 19. You can't tell I'm carrying, and I don't wear baggy clothes. And my wife can outshoot me with MY Glock 19. I think you should give a compact 9mm a chance.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    OK her is my :twocents: on this. I just went through this with my 18 yr old daughter. She went through the gun counters at several different stores. The biggest thing I noticed when she was handling them is she had trouble with the slides on several gun getting them open and closed. In a high pressure situation that could cost her her life. If for some reason the gun did not cycle right she may not be able to react fast enough. She settled on a taurus 85 38 spl with Houge grips. She is very accurate and the thing is small enough to stash in many places on her. I am hoping to get her a supertuck crossbreed holster for it.

So I vote for a revolver.

PS a Security six 357 snub has been my carry gun for 25 years I trust my life with a revolver.

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I carry the Ruger SR9c everyday and hardly ever realize it's there.The LC9 looks like a interesting option as well.As some have already said.Make sure you can work the slide.It all comes down to what is comfortable for you.Everyone's hands are different and if it's not comfortable and doesn't carry,rack,point or shoot good for you then why trust your life with it.
    Take your time and shop around and hit those ranges with every single gun you consider if possible before making your mind up.

Good luck in your decision and have a safe flight back home :ingo:

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Never handled the LCR but I love my LCP. Disappears in my pocket in a klydex holster. Only thing I don't really like about it is its long trigger pull, and the sights are barely visible. Also you may not like the recoil, but for me it’s not bad but. The finger extention is a must.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom