• ...and so much more!
  • did you like the lcp overall?

• Total voters

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I know it's not made in usa, but for a $200 ya can't beat the Taurus 738. I love mine-flaweless.

gabrigger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Wayne County
    I absolutely love mine. The trigger pull is comparable to a long double action revolver. Accuracy is fine. My 16 year old daughter can even shoot it accurately at 8-10 yds. It's not a competition gun, it's a defensive gun that meets my need for a small pocket pistol for the summer months. I have a 2013 model, which has the "larger" sights. What I have done is paint the sights white with nail polish. It really makes a difference. The sights are small, but usable, when painted. I also added the Hogue grip-it is a nice addition.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have had two of them in the past, and they did "ok", but I was not as handy as I should have been with them due to my hands being too large. I eventually traded them off on a slightly bigger 9mm gun, that I could still wear in a pocket with summer clothes on.

TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It's a fine gun for what it is. Something small that you will carry everyday. It's not a fun gun to put thousands of rounds through at the range but it's a fun gun to have if you run into a bad guy!

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I liked the gun alright, it's main issue is the horrid trigger. I like my Kahr CW a lot better for not much more money.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Overall, yes.
    Depends what features you're after. Trigger isn't great. It's not a range gun. It's not too fun to shoot. but....

When I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt and running errands in the summer, I'd much rather have my LCP in a pocket holster than put on my 9 mm with gun belt and IWB holster.

For basic protection at handshake distances with something reliable and easily concealed, it's a good piece.

What he said ^, plus it's also great for deep concealment when the situation calls for it - pocket carry in khakis or jeans is just about invisible.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I know it's not made in usa, but for a $200 ya can't beat the Taurus 738. I love mine-flaweless.

So YOU got the ONE that works! Consider yourself lucky.

Mine went back twice before I traded it. A friend got seduced by the low price and bought one that became inoperable on the second shot he fired. The jury is still out on whether or not it will be a keeper.

My LCP has been flawless - well worth the extra $75 or so.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    So YOU got the ONE that works! Consider yourself lucky.

Mine went back twice before I traded it. A friend got seduced by the low price and bought one that became inoperable on the second shot he fired. The jury is still out on whether or not it will be a keeper.

My LCP has been flawless - well worth the extra $75 or so.

I love the Taurus reviews that start "I love the gun, but it's been back to the factory 369 times, and it still won't work. But the price was good!" :)

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I said yes, but for me its a niche gun. I really only carry it if carrying something else is impractical or uncomfortable. Yes, obviously you generally COULD carry large most times, but I like flexibility.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    For the obvious shortcomings of the little pistol, the LCP has been exactly what I expected of it from day one. I did put the hogue grip on it, and that made a world of difference in shootability, leaving only the trigger and small sights to complain about. For what it is, it does its job just fine. If I had it to do over again, I would probably have went with the S&W Bodyguard. That is the direction my wife went, and overall, I think it is a bit more refined as a handgun.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    It is the smallest, lightest package you can find that is reliable. It is what it is and there are time when it is the only gun you can carry. Yes we would all prefer to carry large but that just is not the case for me. On my bike or at the Gym, On the tread mill it works when others don't.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    With no slide lock on the last round, the LCP is a big no for me. I have tried a new LCP, which had a much better trigger than the older models.
    I went with the PT - 738. First 185 rounds of FMJ and HP, were with NO issues. I like it, shoots straight and every time I pull the trigger. For the reason I bought the Taurus,
    I am happy. I trust it, mainly because with over 2500 rounds of shooting, through three Taurus guns, I have had NO issues. When they sell me a bad one, I will stop buying Taurus.

Top Bottom