• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    I'm looking to buy a .380. I like the compactness of the 2 guns. I've shot and like the LCP but have no experience with the bodyguard.

I like the feel of the grip and safety on the body guard. The trigger seems a bit stiffer on it also. Have not had an opportunity to shoot one. How does it shoot, accurate, point-ability?

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    The LCP is a great gun but IMO the Bodyguard is a much better value if you prefer a laser. Better grip, usable sights, and built-in laser. The S&W also is quite a bit cheaper than the LCP with Crimson Trace. For me the sights are the biggest improvement. Accuracy on both is acceptable within the distance that they are intended to be needed.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I couldn't hit anything with my brothers LCP and hated that gun. The Bodyguard, on the other hand, felt great and was a lot more accurate for me. I didn't bother with the laser though.

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Just picked up a Bodyguard yesterday for the lady friend. We were also looking at the LCP, but she really prefers a manual safety. And as stated in the previous post, it's cheaper than the LCP w/laser. I also like the Bodyguard's finger grooves on the grip. Both of us agreed that the S&W just felt better. Unfortunately, we aren't going to make it to the range until next Saturday.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    LCP v Bodyguard

I've owned a LCP for some time now. It has been nothing but reliable and for a pocket pistol I couldn't be happier with it. I have lost it to my wife and I'm trying to decide if I go with a Bodyguard or another LCP.

I don't like the location of the laser but I don't see myself using the laser much. I think the grip is significantly better and the overall quality of the build is better. I don't like safety though. My preference is to have a DA first shot or striker style pistol. I'm still on the fence about both of them. I got to shoot the S&W and will probably go that route so I have a bigger list of options.

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I'm not much for the safety either, so I would just leave it off. Like I said, I got it for my girlfriend. I really love the build quality & the grip. I'm 99% sure that I'll end up getting another one for myself. I think I'm going to wait and see what the LC9 feels like, though.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm looking to buy a .380. I like the compactness of the 2 guns. I've shot and like the LCP but have no experience with the bodyguard.

I like the feel of the grip and safety on the body guard. The trigger seems a bit stiffer on it also. Have not had an opportunity to shoot one. How does it shoot, accurate, point-ability?

The laser is just candy on the Bodyguard, you would never get it turned on if needed in a defensive situation. On the LCP with the Crimson Trace, you just grab the pistol and on comes the laser.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    The laser is just candy on the Bodyguard, you would never get it turned on if needed in a defensive situation. On the LCP with the Crimson Trace, you just grab the pistol and on comes the laser.

The ones I've been looking at had the laser mounted just like the bodyguard. The original laser was an add on for the LCP it was harder to activate due to the switch placement. I felt that I was needing to focus on the switch to get it activated. I probably wouldn't use the laser except to practice with. I just need something compact to carry.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

If someone were that close, you wouldn't be looking at the laser anyway.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I got my wife an LCP for christmas and she gave me a bodyguard 380... After 200 rounds through each, we both agreed that we liked the bodyguard better... It feels better, and it doesn't beat you up as much...

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    The S&W Bodyguard is a nice pistol as far as fitting your hand, and I liked the laser.

I had mine long enough to run around 100 rounds thru it, had to send it back to S&W. The trigger would not reset and after I got it back.... the trigger would STILL not reset. GREAT customer service huh? With all the issues the S&W BodyGuard has/had, I traded it off. I finally replaced it with a Kel Tec PF9.

Just my :twocents:. It was my first experience with a S&W firearm, and will likely be my last. For the most part, I'll stick with Ruger.:yesway:

Top Bottom