• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    Well I just received a Desantis Super Fly for my Ruger LCP in the mail. And I am extremely disappointed to say the least.

The holster's fit and finish is great, as expected and I like the sticky material to keep it in your pocket. My issue is there is no way the holster will fit in my pocket.

I'm looking for a holster that is very close to the size of the gun. I'm not big by any means (30" waist). What pocket rig are you carrying for the LCP that will not print and is an easy draw?

Thanks ARdysfunction

Ducky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Notre Dame Country
    3 ways, I have nice IWB holster designed for Kel-tec, fits perfit. Also have some in pocket as you describe for coat pocket. And lastly, I slip into back pocket of Levis. I cut out piece of liquid detergent bottle, pocket size square so no print. I'm comfortable with it. Very long trigger pull compared to my Glocks.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Well I just received a Desantis Super Fly for my Ruger LCP in the mail. And I am extremely disappointed to say the least.

The holster's fit and finish is great, as expected and I like the sticky material to keep it in your pocket. My issue is there is no way the holster will fit in my pocket.

I'm looking for a holster that is very close to the size of the gun. I'm not big by any means (30" waist). What pocket rig are you carrying for the LCP that will not print and is an easy draw?

Thanks ARdysfunction

CLICKY ----> https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...unition/14001-just_ordered_a_new_holster.html
    :rockwoot:

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    I might have to look into the stellar. The Minituck looks like it would work well for itwb. But I really wanted this gun for pocket carry. It fits fine in my front pocket by itself, but prints and there is nothing covering the trigger.

Is any body making a quaility leather holster that might fit the bill?

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Any one use somthing like this?

K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

What did you like or not like about it.

I have one similar but from Pocket Holsters
    It adds some thickness to the package so it is a "chunk" in the pocket, but you can't tell there's a gun in there. I wouldn't say its an easy draw, but not bad with practice. And it shipped right away - no waiting for a couple of months. It also fit mine with the CT laser. Here are a few pics showing how the holster is hinged providing access to the gun and one of the rig in a front jeans pocket. Note also that I am a 38" waste and I wear my jeans a bit loose.
    LCP_InHolster_Back.jpg

LCP_Access_2.jpg

LCP_Access_5.jpg

LCP_Front_Pocket_2.jpg

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    Well I was hoping to find something that would work for both front and back.

I have used an uncle mikes itwb for my G19 with good results. The price is certainly right.

I like the way the pocket holsters. com works with the hinge system but I am worried it will be to thick for allot of my pants. Thanks for th pics Yamadog

I spoke with K&D yesterday and it would be about a ten week wait for one of those, although thats what I was leaning toward. I am going to order something tomorrow just haven't made up my mind yet which one.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I do not own one of these at this point, but plan to in the future.

The suggestion of the plastic from a bleach bottle or some such would prevent printing. As for covering the trigger, you might see if these can be made for your pistol: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tion/11846-new_raven_holster_really_neat.html

Please let me know how it works, as I am considering the same thing for when I do eventually get mine.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I use a nemesis also, and it isn't much larger than the gun itself (keltec). I am very satisfied. IMO, most holsters aren't useful for both front and rear pockets. Personally, I think a front pocket holster should have a rounded bottom to help it disappear, but a rear pocket holster should have a squared bottom to keep it from shifting in the back or cargo pockets. I have had the Uncle Mikes and didn't like it. The Nemesis works much better. Also check out Mika's pocket holsters (Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.) You can choose round or square cut, depending on your prefernce. They are cheap($19) so you could get both and not be breaking the bank. Good luck.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I just googled the Superfly and see why you don't like it. Again, I say the Nemesis does a good job, and is much less bulky than the Superfly, at least judging from the picture.

Also, most people don't stare at your pockets, so don't get super concerned about "printing" because what you consider totally obvious is imperceptable to the rest of the world. Particularly if you are new to carrying, you will learn that you are more than likely overestimating how obvious the gun looks.

Best of luck

Top Bottom