• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    So you guys know I've been searching for an affordable to me carry 9mm. I've been looking at Taurus and Kel-Tec. Now that my LTCH has been approved and is in the mail I'm seriously ready to purchase. We'll I found a great deal on an LC9S buy the magazine disconnect really bothers me. PF9 and Taurus G2 don't have one. I like the size and quality of the Ruger but it makes me hesistate...

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Remove the disconnect.

If you search on Google or Youtube, you will find videos and threads showing you how to do so. It should be pretty straightforward.

bmiley1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    I love my LC9. The mag disconnect doesn't bother me. One thought is if in a situation where someone is trying to take the weapon from you and you are able to drop the mag they can't use it on you. Everyone may not agree with that but I know that some PD teach that.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just remove the disconnect, I hate that feature in any pistol and is usually the first improvement I make to the pistol.

I think it's a BS feature, personally

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    There are a number of vids on YouTube on how to remove the magazine disconnect on the LC9 which is the same as the LC9s when it comes to this thing. I removed mine and it was really easy to do. I have had my LC9s for a little more than a week and I also had a regular LC9 and I have to say the no one is a great step forward for Ruger. Get yourself a few of the extended 9 round mags that Ruger makes and you have a great carry pistol. Congrats on the new gun and for being able to carry. Also, never look at Taurus guns or you will be sorry.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I have a Ruger LC9 hammer fired. I haven't removed anything. I prefer to keep mine in original condition should warranty issues crop up.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I sent my hammer fired one back for warranty work once, they put the magazine disconnect back on it but didn't say anything to me and also fixed the problem. YMMV

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There are also those who say you are opening yourself up to liability for removing a factory safety from your weapon.

Sure. If you accidentally shoot someone. Otherwise its a non-issue.

One thought is if in a situation where someone is trying to take the weapon from you and you are able to drop the mag they can't use it on you. Everyone may not agree with that but I know that some PD teach that.

I don't know if anyone teaches it, but I do know of an older cop who was losing a wrestling match over his gun with a younger, stronger suspect, dropped the mag, fired the one in the chamber, and then let the guy have it as he disengaged to get a different weapon. I'm not a fan of magazine disconnects, but apparently there are the occasional scenarios occurring where it could help.

Top Bottom