• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Being the kind of guy I am, I have paid for all of my guns in cash. Which, as you can imagine, limits the amount of weapons I can purchase at one time or how often I can purchase weapons. Anyways, today, I was at Cabelas in Hammond because I had a gift card. And I was perusing the handguns as always and the guy at the counter asked if I needed anything.

Long story short, they have Layaway.

That's cool! I am not a credit card guy. I don't like them and I definetly won't let my girlfriend near one.

But, Layaway is a different story. That makes shopping for handguns guilt-free and easier to explain when I get home.

Anyways, I just wanted to rave. :rockwoot:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Just don't OC that handgun once it is yours because "They Should'nt Hace To Look At That"....

Screw Cabela's

Most Local mom and pop shops offer lay-a-way too just ask them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Local guy in town here offers it too. I'm likely going to be taking advantage of it shortly, as my income doesn't always match my
    gun choices!

Gotta agree with mikea46996, though...one of the mods here was harassed for OCing at Cabelas...think it was Scutter01...if they don't want to support the gun owning community, I won't support them either. The local guy seems to be very pro-2a, so he gets my business.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Most gun shops ask for a percentage down (local shop asks for 25%) and then give you 90 days to pay it off. If it's not paid off in 90 days, you lose your downpayment. The local shop doesn't charge any fee for lay-away...

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I know a couple that have layaway. One is 30 days for new guns, and 14 days for used. The other might be 60 days for new, I can't remember. I'm prob gonna be going to check out a new one soon that I heard has 90 day, a good selection, and good prices :)

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies has a 60 layaway. I put a Savage 10fp on layaway today. You know its bad when they ask no information from you, they just write everything down from memory, and ask what you want to put down. LOL.

KRBushee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Wells County
    I just bought a Savage 11fp with the accustock, in a 22-250, at 21st Century in Bluffton, also put it on lay-a-way. Waiting on insurance check. Look out ground hogs.:D

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    See, Layaway is not just for that overprice piece of accent furniture that my girlfriend insists on having.

But, I am aware that Cabelas does not like Open-Carry. I only went because I had a $100 gift certificate. I bought a new gun case.

They have a sign on the front door that I noticed that says all firearms for service or sale have to be checked in and unloaded at the Customer Service Desk and that the policy does not apply to people with a License to Carry. Something along those lines. But, still, yeah, it's annoying. I will check out a few of the gun shops in the area regarding the Layaway. I would rather go to a Mom & Pop in that I think the service is usually better and they tend to be more knowledgeable and helpful.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    See, Layaway is not just for that overprice piece of accent furniture that my girlfriend insists on having.

But, I am aware that Cabelas does not like Open-Carry. I only went because I had a $100 gift certificate. I bought a new gun case.

They have a sign on the front door that I noticed that says all firearms for service or sale have to be checked in and unloaded at the Customer Service Desk and that the policy does not apply to people with a License to Carry. Something along those lines. But, still, yeah, it's annoying. I will check out a few of the gun shops in the area regarding the Layaway. I would rather go to a Mom & Pop in that I think the service is usually better and they tend to be more knowledgeable and helpful.

A lot of local gun stores, including my favorite store Bradis, don't allow loaded guns in at all.

People demonize cabelas for it, but I imagine at least for Bradis it's an insurance issue.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Wondering if 21st Century have a layaway plan.

Yes, they do. That's how I purchased my Kimber. :rockwoot: I only had it on layaway (or "hold") for a week before I went back down and got it. I didn't have the cash at the time and I didn't want anyone else to grab it so I threw some money down and picked it up that weekend.

Top Bottom