• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Was just wandering if there's any law the prohibits mounting a holster on a motorcycle to secure a firearm on let's say the tanks or forks ?:dunno:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Was just wandering if there's any law the prohibits mounting a holster on a motorcycle to secure a firearm on let's say the tanks or forks ?:dunno:

you're good to go. i OC on my harley quite a bit when the temps get unbearable, just too hot to have that sweaty piece of steel against bare skin sometimes. i assume you plan to take it with you right? not leave it holstered to the forks or something.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    If you have to go somewhere like work, where you cant carry inside, I'd suggest going about and installing a locking gun case. Attached to the frame, impossible to detach without taking whole bike apart, etc.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Interesting, thirty years ago, I rode a large dirt bike quite a bit. I put a long gun in a gun case and used bunge cords to strap it down on the bike under my leg. Much like a scabbard on a horse would be. I really did not want it across the handle bars due to brush and stuff. That is why I put it under my leg. Went squirrel hunting with that many times in full camo. Never caught a glance at all. Well maybe a glance.
    Not sure how that would be taken today. Depends on where you are at.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I am not aware of any laws prohibiting what you describe. Still, I think the best place for carry is on the body so you'll be sure to have it if you need it.

I do sometimes worry that if I have a low-side, I'll land on my gun. That would leave a mark...so I try to stay more or less upright.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If you have to go somewhere like work, where you cant carry inside, I'd suggest going about and installing a locking gun case. Attached to the frame, impossible to detach without taking whole bike apart, etc.
    They'll just steal the whole bike, and get the gun as a bonus later on.

There are FAR too many motorcycle thefts. My wife's uncle, who is IMPD, actually had his Harley stolen in front of Borders (when it was still there) when he parked and went in for about 20 minutes. Came back out and the bike was gone - supposedly somebody saw it being lifted up and into the back of a pick-up, however, they thought the bike was broken down and that's why it was getting loaded...

If you can't see the bike, and it's not secured within a secure structure - it's at risk.

Yes, I'm paranoid - I know lots of people whose bikes have been stolen in the last few years.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Get an alarm for your bike if it's of value to you. Get the viper smart start and you'll be notified on your phone typically within 2 seconds. You can even check the status of your bike and the gps location of it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Get an alarm for your bike if it's of value to you. Get the viper smart start and you'll be notified on your phone typically within 2 seconds. You can even check the status of your bike and the gps location of it.
    This will only stop the amateurs... If the pros want your bike and it's unsupervised it's as good as gone regardless of wherever you have an alarm.

Oh, they also tend to know to disconnect the battery to disable things like "LoJack" and/or where and how said devices are typically installed.

Ultimately what you do with your motorcycle is up to you, but I prefer not to tempt fate myself :-).

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    They could also roll your car into the back of a trailer truck, or onto a flat bed trailer being towed behind a pickup. Better not take your cars anywhere either. Best to just walk.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They could also roll your car into the back of a trailer truck, or onto a flat bed trailer being towed behind a pickup. Better not take your cars anywhere either. Best to just walk.

They could, and they do. Usually with a heavy duty pickup truck that's got a "stinger" style tow hook installed underneath. Back up, clamp the drive wheels, pull off, then secure it down the road a bit. Walking won't help as at least all of the ones I took reports on in Indianapolis were at private homes were the cars hadn't moved for awhile. Neighbors who see it think its a repo, typically.

Statisically, the motorcycle is much more likely to get stolen, though.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    They'll just steal the whole bike, and get the gun as a bonus later on.

There are FAR too many motorcycle thefts. My wife's uncle, who is IMPD, actually had his Harley stolen in front of Borders (when it was still there) when he parked and went in for about 20 minutes. Came back out and the bike was gone - supposedly somebody saw it being lifted up and into the back of a pick-up, however, they thought the bike was broken down and that's why it was getting loaded...

If you can't see the bike, and it's not secured within a secure structure - it's at risk.

Yes, I'm paranoid - I know lots of people whose bikes have been stolen in the last few years.
    That's why we carry a gun AND INSURANCE!
    This will only stop the amateurs... If the pros want your bike and it's unsupervised it's as good as gone regardless of wherever you have an alarm.

Oh, they also tend to know to disconnect the battery to disable things like "LoJack" and/or where and how said devices are typically installed.

Ultimately what you do with your motorcycle is up to you, but I prefer not to tempt fate myself :-).
    My alarm has an internal battery, not the same as the cranking battery. If you remove the cover to the battery without first disarming it...it will deafen you

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's why we carry a gun AND INSURANCE!

My alarm has an internal battery, not the same as the cranking battery. If you remove the cover to the battery without first disarming it...it will deafen you

My Fatboy has a silent alarm, if you try to move it or turn it on while the alarm is set, you cant start the bike.

Not saying I would want my bike stolen, but thats why I have full coverage. Too many dirtbags out there. I still dont know if I would want to attach a gun to the bike in anyway, I'd rather have it on my person.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Personally I like the idea of having a gun holstered to my bike. I wouldn't leave it on there when I got off the bike, and I don't think that's what the OP meant.
    I put lots of miles on my bike every year and its nice to be able to travel with your gun out of your waistband but still have it ready.

Morkal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    ny
    I think it depends that where are you are going to move.Because most of the places like office and other places you are not allowed to have any weapon.So at that time a gun safe with a lock on your bike is best for the gun.And i think there is not any law related to that activity.
    crowd management

Last edited:

paddywonka

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Have to agree, the best place is on you. No chance of your handgun and you being separated for any reason. Been a motorcycle riding concealed carry rider for 40 years, & a good fitting holster is the key.

Top Bottom