• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well just got an email from my sister in FL. Her friend lives in N. Manchester, IN an some punk tried breaking into her house but couldn't get the door to give. Then he saw a nieghbor mowing his yard an went after him with a knife!!! The neighbor guy pulled his gun an said "You came to a gunfight with a knife!!??".....the punk ran away, police an dogs were not able to find him. Guess its not even safe to mow your yard anymore....told my sister if it had been me an a punk had a knife an coming at me....It might of been a different story, that is if I had my gun on me while mowing....which I guess I will be for now on....N. Manchester is pretty close to me here in Wabash Co.
    Has anyone heard about this? I'm making some phone calls to find out more.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Could just be the guy had some serious mental health problems. I mean, what did he hope to gain from the lawn mower guy?? Might have stolen his ride I guess....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Guess its not even safe to mow your yard anymore....

When was it ever safe?

Most of life is spent in less than high-risk places and activities.
    That's likely when most people will end up needing to defend themselves.

Hope her friend was armed, or might at least consider the option now.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Tell her to think of it as a huge, stinky garden gnome. ;)

It would be creepier than this.

2a0bc_garden-gnomes.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well its not like theres a certain time or place that we must report to be robbed or assaulted, thats why we carry everywhere. crime happens when you least expect it. I ALWAYS have a gun on me. sometimes i OC sometimes I dont. I remember when we just moved into our house and I mowed the yard open carrying a pistol. a couple of the neighbors were pointing at me and then their side etc. lol. to me, when I see a person carrying a gun its normal and it makes perfect sense, no matter where they are. stories like this just bolster my belief that im right to carry everywhere. I dont always OC, i have been CC'in a lot more lately, but I ALWAYS carry. I even have a fast holster in my shower so im not even in there without one. I try to reduce as much as possible the places where im vulnerable to becoming a victim.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    When was it ever safe?

Most of life is spent in less than high-risk places and activities.
    That's likely when most people will end up needing to defend themselves.

Hope her friend was armed, or might at least consider the option now.

Excellent point an very true...I'll pm you on the last statement.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    .... Guess its not even safe to mow your yard anymore...

This is not the first incident I've heard of in the last few years that happened while someone was mowing the yard.

If you think about it, your concentration is on something else, you likely can't hear, etc. - it's a ripe situation for criminals in many ways.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Riding the mower in my back 40 with Walther PPK in my back pocket. Noticed a ground hog helping himself to my garden. Final score, ground hog 1 .380 - Pocketman, 3 stitches (slide bite).

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    My will to live is stronger than my will to be victimized by some thug.

Accordingly, I am always armed be it mowing the lawn, reading the paper, doing laundry, or whatever.

Why wouldn't I be?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have heard of breakins when they see people mowing. Never anything like this. I have carried the .45 a few times but not always. May have to remember this.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Riding the mower in my back 40 with Walther PPK in my back pocket. Noticed a ground hog helping himself to my garden. Final score, ground hog 1 .380 - Pocketman, 3 stitches (slide bite).

Good job!

Had a similar experience with an unusally aggressive coon a few days back when some friends were at the house hanging out around the fire pit.

Funny thing is, a neighbor asked why I felt it necessary to always be armed and wanted to know if I was paranoid.... the discussion was going down the rabbit trail of gun control when the coon showed up.

I dispatched the coon with a 1911.. my neighbor crapped his pants.

It ended the "gun control" discussion!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Robotic-Lawnmower.jpg

This is one of the safest lawn mower you can use.
    Just stay inside you home with the door locked and the robot will do the job.
    If a guy still attacks your lawn mower with a knife you can shoot it from a safe distance (not that it would be legally ok to shoot someone to defend your lawn mower of course).

Top Bottom