• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Well, the only thing about taxation is this...

If it were legalized you would have people GROWING their own. I don't know how California regulates that but I am sure that they are (currently) limited to a certain amount of plants per person.

Obviously growers would not be able to resale without a license. The government then would be able to tax on licenses and they would still be getting their sales tax.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    All the politicians can think of is the tax money that would come from it.

No one gets arrested for small amounts of pot anymore.

Gotta look and see who the man is behind the curtain.

Yes really Kirk, no one ever gets arrested for a small amount of pot anymore. The few people I know who thought they were arrested and had to appear in court were just hallucinating from the devil weed. Like the 3 people I know who were arrested for about a joint. Or the couple that had less than a 1/4 oz. Or the one who was arrested with just a used pipe.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What's that supposed to mean? We have a dope smoker as a President.
    I didn't vote fot him. Did you?

But really...what's it supposed to mean? Possession of marijuana is currently illegal in Indiana. If a person is willing to go to jail and risk ther future over the thrill smoking it brings them....they probably aren't real bright. IMO...of course.

There are very few things worth going to jail over...pot is not one of the reasons for me.

I don't hold a grudge over those that do. Personal choice I suppose. I just don't believe it's a wise decision. The makers of Doritos and Twinkies are happy about it I hear. ;)

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

But really...what's it supposed to mean? Possession of marijuana is currently illegal in Indiana. If a person is willing to go to jail and risk ther future over the thrill smoking it brings them....they probably aren't real bright. IMO...of course.

There are very few things worth going to jail over...pot is not one of the reasons for me.

I don't hold a grudge over those that do. Personal choice I suppose. I just don't believe it's a wise decision. The makers of Doritos and Twinkies are happy about it I hear. ;)
    i will agree with you that while its illegal its not a smart thing to do. but if it becomes legal then its no different than alcohol. actualy its better. i dont even drink, and I cant say that I would smoke pot if it was legal, but at least i would have the choice to so it without having to wory about storm troopers busting in my house.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

It's not for me either, but I also think that there's a lot of things that are illegal that shouldn't be, but won't ever get changed because the State feels that it knows better. Violating those laws do not mean that a person is not bright (though many aren't bright), it means that either their perception of risk/reward is either faulty, or they feel that their inherent rights take precedence over the State's desire to control them. In the case of pot, the very fact that enforcement is so lax makes it a double whammy- the State gives the impression that it will not tightly enforce the laws, so the perceived risk is very low in relationship to the reward. If the State enforced pot laws to the same degree that the BATFE enforced NFA regulations, my guess is pot would very quickly become legal because enough people beyond the very lowest socioeconomic classes would be having their lives ruined because of a fairly low-harm crime.

As I said before, I have no desire to smoke it, but I also think it is disingenuous of the State to use selectively enforced laws to penalize those the State wants to persecute, helping perpetuate a cycle of class dominance. I'm not surprised by this, just disgusted by it. Things haven't changed since humans went from small-tribe hunter gatherers to living in communities.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    i will agree with you that while its illegal its not a smart thing to do. but if it becomes legal then its no different than alcohol. actualy its better. i dont even drink, and I cant say that I would smoke pot if it was legal, but at least i would have the choice to so it without having to wory about storm troopers busting in my house.

Between drunks and stoners, I'd rather have stoners since alcohol seems to amplify the jerk side of a personality, while pot seems to mellow it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You're correct. If it were legal it should be treated no different than alcohol. Currently, however...it's not.

Will it be in the future? Probably. Makes no difference to me one way or the other. It's just one more thing we'll have people driving around under the influence of runnng over other people.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You're correct. If it were legal it should be treated no different than alcohol. Currently, however...it's not.

Will it be in the future? Probably. Makes no difference to me one way or the other. It's just one more thing we'll have people driving around under the influence of runnng over other people.

no more than we do already, and if they do it then there are consequences. i am more concerned with making sure we give maximum sentences to repeat offenders so that theres no 3rd 4th 5th 6th time that they drive under the influence. i see many people who are'nt under the influence of anything probly but they still cant drive. WTF's up with that crap?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I just smoke a bowl of weed and dont feel like arguing anymore.
    Here...this will make you feel better. :):

The_Munchies.gif

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I just smoke a bowl of weed and dont feel like arguing anymore.

Here, have some more....

:D

A woman I dated many years ago told me the story of her mother who was growing a few cannabis plants in her flower garden (this was in the 60's). I've met her mother and can easily see this story being true.

A fusty neighbor lady came over to admire the flower garden and noticed the curiously shaped plants and asked what they were. Without missing a beat mom says "oh, I don't know, they just started growing and I thought they looked pretty so I didn't pull them." Neighbor lady goes off none the wiser :D

Her mom was so guileless that she could easily get away with something like that.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Violating those laws do not mean that a person is not bright (though many aren't bright), it means that either their perception of risk/reward is either faulty, or they feel that their inherent rights take precedence over the State's desire to control them.

:yesway:

Some of us Americans, still believe, rightly so, that we are in control of what we do with our bodies, not our elected officials. When these baby-sitting politicians come after the caffeine in your coffee, I'll gladly welcome you all the the "harmless things our government has banned" club.

What we do peacefully, harmlessly in our own homes, on our own property, with our own money and bodies is no one's business but our own. I enjoy freedom too much to go to jail over something harmless, it simply isn't an option for me. Fighting is clearly a more viable option. Submission leads to only one thing, tyranny. We've seen what happens in our country when our citizens stand up to Tyranny Hill and take their rights back.

Would you listen to these fools if they order your to hand over all of your firearms? Would you stop growing your gardens if they told you they would throw in you jail for doing so? Would you hand over your children if the government told you they needed to do some testing on their bodies?

Stand up for your rights as a human being, as an American, or face the consequences of submission of your rights. I'm deadly serious when I utter the historic words DON'T TREAD ON ME and "...give me liberty or give me death." Yes, even over something so small and stupid as marijuana.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    California has an initiative to legalise marijuana on their November ballot and a group of current and former law enforcers are getting behind it. Their rationale is simple. Legalise it and cops will have more time to go after real criminals, instead of the 60K pot smokers they arrest each year. Of course, many political cops are against it for all the wrong reasons. They stand to lose money and power.

Legalizing pot would free up police to fight violent crime, law enforcement group says [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

LEAP - Law Enforcement Against Prohibition - Cops Say Legalize Drugs

This one sure ain't behind it! Very silly IMO.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    Crime

Marijuana is like alcohol was during "prohibition". Look at all the fighting and crime associated with illegal alcohol. After alcohol was made legal the fighting and crime with the competing gangs stopped. It would be the same with the marijuana situation, you would still have some fighting and crime associated with the other bigger drugs but it would reduce it substantially.

Top Bottom