• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PX4 Storm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Kokomo
    The original post is in the Sniper's Hide forum that I linked to in post number 8 of this thread, not to the thread you link in this post, which is two months newer.

So, no Mike82 didn't actually have the mishap, and he steals the pics he posted from the guy in the Sniper's Hide forum thread. So I'd guess that whatever he said was fabricated. All of these various posts are dated, so it really shouldn't be all that difficult to figure out who posted first.

Those of you who can't see the pics might want to check your browser or forum settings, because the pics I posted are linked to my Photobucket account.

This is appears to be the original link back to the guy who actually had the mishap.
    KABOOM....Another Ouchy, S&W 629.
    He said the gun was new and that it was the second round that exploded. Possibly the first round stuck in the barrel?

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    This is why you must be so careful when reloading. (even though this example was done with factory ammo) This brings up a good point for all of us out there reloading to make sure we double and triple check our powder levels, cracks in the cases, and all the other preventative measures.

Double charges can do this, but too little powder can do the same thing. My dad was at the range with a guy when this guy blew up his revolver, but it wasn't from a double charge, it was from too little powder. The guy knocked over the trey the shells were in while he was putting the powder charges in, and some of the shells tipped over and spilled the powder out. He thought he replaced the powder in all of them, but obviously one of them just had a little powder in it. When the primer sparked the powder didn't burn it detonated and then "KABOOM".

Top Bottom