• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I read the article, it’s mostly BS my property taxes have increased over 60% since 2019. Unlike most on here I actually appealed and won back some of it. Here’s the thing Jean would not come to my appeal meeting her words were something along the lines of I would never do that, be careful they have unchecked power. Then went on to tell me some nightmare stories that would make Stalin blush.
    Oh and the % of increase I won in the appeal? Gone, they took it all back within two years.
    The State lowered the rate last year some so the county just assessed my property higher to take it back then some. Until more people appeal and go to county meetings mad as hornets it’s not going to change. Jean told me that every year freshmen senators submit legislation to lower property taxes and it never makes it out of committee. We got a long ways to go.
    My prediction is that once the retirees can’t afford property taxes on their primary residence then Blackrock or Vanguard will step in with a pre planned financial assistance package transferring ownership to them. Then of course property taxes will change for the corporations.
    Holcomb and the Indiana Economic Development Corp are regulars at the WEF crap ever year and hold their own form of event here in Indiana now also. So it wouldn't surprise me if this would be the case to drive up property tax so people have to sell land to the corps you mentioned or to the IEDC to over developed our state.. Like the WEF said, You will own nothing and be happy..

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana

Some of the measures I supported this year include laws to:
    Fight illegal immigration;
    Protect our farmland from foreign threats;
    Create the First Responder Medal of Honor;
    Establish a green alert program for missing veterans; and
    Allow bars and restaurants to have happy hours and carryout cocktails.
    Literally completely useless legislation…. 100% crap!

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    The whole farmland from foreign threat erks me. Why not any property anywhere in indiana? When it was proposed i contacted my rep and asked that it be more encompassing. 0 response

Some of the measures I supported this year include laws to:
    Fight illegal immigration;
    Protect our farmland from foreign threats;
    Create the First Responder Medal of Honor;
    Establish a green alert program for missing veterans; and
    Allow bars and restaurants to have happy hours and carryout cocktails.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Foreign adversaries of the United States have increasingly attempted to influence our public universities in recent years through gifts and establishing local institutions and partnerships.

Why it matters: Public colleges and universities in Indiana make groundbreaking discoveries in scientific, medical and technological research. Without much-needed protections, our nation's adversaries could gain access to these schools' intellectual property, which is a threat not only to our state, but also our nation.

That's why I supported a new law to help protect public colleges in Indiana from influence by foreign adversaries like China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Venezuela and any new countries that may be added to the federal government's list.

The new law requires:
    Public colleges and universities to adopt policies preventing the transfer of intellectual property to foreign adversary nations and their affiliates;
    Public colleges and universities to disclose gifts and contacts with an entity located in adversarial countries; and
    The Indiana Attorney General to enforce the law requiring these disclosures.
    Indiana allocated more than $4.3 billion for higher education in our 2024-25 budget, which is why it is appropriate and necessary for lawmakers to take steps to ensure our state universities' intellectual property does not get into the wrong hands.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana

How about something to improve life in rural areas such as water lines put in so we don't have to rely on water trucks and rain water?

Forcing me to pay a water bill on water not fit to drink is not a step in the right direction for me. I don't drink water from a town water tower if at all possible. I realize the need for the chemicals, but nope, not here please.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Forcing me to pay a water bill on water not fit to drink is not a step in the right direction for me. I don't drink water from a town water tower if at all possible. I realize the need for the chemicals, but nope, not here please.
    I use a cistern myself. Rain water from roof through filters into my cistern. Runs around 40-50ppm vs 300+ ppm from city water.

Just got this today.

Stay Safe Online
    During October, we recognize Cybersecurity Awareness Month to help educate Indiana residents about the importance of cybersecurity in their everyday lives.

Why it matters: As our world becomes more digitally connected, it is important Indiana residents know how to protect themselves online.

The Indiana Executive Council on Cybersecurity (IECC) released its Indiana Privacy Toolkit, a free resource that aims to help households, businesses and organizations better understand maintaining privacy online.

With so many bad actors in the world, it is important for you to ensure your information and data is secure so it doesn't end up in the wrong hands.

If you believe you have been the victim of a cyber crime, contact your local law enforcement agency...

Top Bottom