• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just got this deal from Palmetto State should be delivered by the 6th... Heads up they are working on a 10 to 15 day shipping wait

I got an email from PSA not too long ago saying they just spent a bunch of money, and got some new fancy high speed shipping thing setup. We'll see. I know I've put enough orders in with them lately that I should be able to judge it well.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I got an email from PSA not too long ago saying they just spent a bunch of money, and got some new fancy high speed shipping thing setup. We'll see. I know I've put enough orders in with them lately that I should be able to judge it well.

They are having the same issues that they've always had.n

complaints of poor cs, slow shipping, etc

i placed two orders on 8/23 and received them on 8/31 and 9/1 respectively.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I agree PSA haso been plagued with slow shipping issues since day one. Regardless, they've also always been the best bargain if you've got the time. I'm glad to see they are improving. For the money they've saved me though, I'll still waiting for them.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I agree PSA haso been plagued with slow shipping issues since day one. Regardless, they've also always been the best bargain if you've got the time. I'm glad to see they are improving. For the money they've saved me though, I'll still waiting for them.

Agreed.

A guy on ARF said it best....you order from PSA because you get decent quality stuff for a good price. You don't order from PSA because you need something fast.

Want it in two days? Try primary arms.

with PSA, you order it and it shows up right after you forgot you ordered it. ;)

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Agreed.

A guy on ARF said it best....you order from PSA because you get decent quality stuff for a good price. You don't order from PSA because you need something fast.

Want it in two days? Try primary arms.

with PSA, you order it and it shows up right after you forgot you ordered it. ;)

Thats funny. Been there. 'What is this box from UPS, I wasn't expecting anything...' 'Its from PSA'.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Ammoland article says they're the best and then informs on the new gen 2 version.

The Best Magazine for the AR Platform - Really?
    I wouldn't call them the best, and would say that the best mag is very subjective. I have about 25 Gen 1 hexmags and they work great for me. You can find someone bashing any brand mag on the internet, saying they are no good. I don't care the brand, Lancer, Magpul, ETS, GI, Hexmag, etc.

My advice which is what I do when buying new mags. Pick up a couple and see how they run for you before you invest in them. I did that with the Hexmags before catching a sale and ordering more. So far all of my pmags, okays, and hexmags have worked. Now on to Lancer and ETS.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    There seems to be more plastic mag options coming out as time goes on. I'm a believer in competition being a good thing, and I've got nothing against all the new hexmags, troys, lancers, or whatever. For me though, I appreciate what Magpul has done both by their original design changes that turned the AR-15 world upside down, and what they've done politically to put their money where their mouth is. Honestly, I've got nothing against other mags, but I've never seen a reason to buy anything other than a Pmag when shopping for plastic mags. It's be one thing if Pmags were $50 each, and all the new mags were $5 each and there was a real financial incentive to trying something new, but if the new XYZ mag is within $1 give or take of the new gold standard in magazine quality then I don't really see a reason to mix things up. When I feel old school, I buy the D&H mags from Palmetto when they're on sale. I'm not knocking any other mag out there, but I know pmags work and I can get them for under $10 each if I look halfway hard.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Have you used the Hex mags? Price looks good, but are they crap?

Original (Gen 1) review from Sootch00:
    [video=youtube;eJTimhK8S-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJTimhK8S-E[/video]

Gen 2:
    [video=youtube;T2hJsdx9MN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2hJsdx9MN4[/video]

what they've done politically to put their money where their mouth is.

This is something I really appreciate about MagPul as well! I even got one of their phone cases as well to support them! :)

Top Bottom