• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    This doesn't sound the least bit shady. A money order really???? I would never send a money order to someone I couldn't identify. Good luck canceling that payment if he doesn't send you anything. Dear Paranoid seller, there's this neat way to get paid called Paypal. You don't even have to use your real name on the transaction.

At least with PP if the person tries to rip you off you can cancel the payment. So how was he going to give you the merchandise? Was he going to leave it in an alley behind a dumpster at 2:00 am on the first full moon of the month? Personally I would avoid transactions with people like this.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    This doesn't sound the least bit shady. A money order really???? I would never send a money order to someone I couldn't identify. Good luck canceling that payment if he doesn't send you anything. Dear Paranoid seller, there's this neat way to get paid called Paypal. You don't even have to use your real name on the transaction.

At least with PP if the person tries to rip you off you can cancel the payment. So how was he going to give you the merchandise? Was he going to leave it in an alley behind a dumpster at 2:00 am on the first full moon of the month? Personally I would avoid transactions with people like this.
    You can't use PAYPAL to buy anything dealing with guns & bullets

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    It wouldnt bother me at all to do business with him. Two mags, really? Many times on ingo when I make a purchase if its $40 or less, and the seller has a good rep, I drop cash in a envelope lick it and stick it!
    I wouldnt do this on certain other boards, but if he's a four year member with 400 posts, take a chance. If he gives you the shaft, stalk him every time he posts bash him, call him out. How much can you really lose on two mags?

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    It wouldnt bother me at all to do business with him. Two mags, really? Many times on ingo when I make a purchase if its $40 or less, and the seller has a good rep, I drop cash in a envelope lick it and stick it!
    I wouldnt do this on certain other boards, but if he's a four year member with 400 posts, take a chance. If he gives you the shaft, stalk him every time he posts bash him, call him out. How much can you really lose on two mags?

First, the purchase was $50, not $40 or less. $50 may not be much to some people, but it is MY $50. Maybe I count my money differently.

Second, if you drop cash in an envelope and lick and stick it, do you have the guy's name you are sending it to or just a bunch of initials???

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    FTF sales experience and also using PayPal

Between FFL's I probably sold twenty hand and long guns face to face with people I met on various forums and every time we traded driver licenses and I gave them a receipt for the money they paid me. I know some people feel the need to fly under the radar and that is their decision and it is your decision if you want to deal with these types or not. Anything you want to buy or sell you will find someone else to deal with if you feel uncomfortable with a person who refuses to ID themselves. If you can't find what you want locally try Gunbroker; I have handled hundreds of transfers for customers who purchased on the big firearm auction sites and have yet to see one person get screwed; most cases people say the gun they received was better than the photos and description implied.

It is nice to deal locally but sometimes you can do just as well on the internet and you have some protection if the deal goes wrong. As far as PayPal stay away from them when dealing with anything gun related. I just had a bad experience when I sold some AR furniture and the seller mentioned the word receiver when he paid using PayPal. It ran up a red flag and they put a freeze on my $$ until I proved to them I was not selling an actual receiver. They told me you can't use PayPal to pay for anything gun related or illegal to sell in CA. Seeing they were offering AR furniture on Ebay with the option to pay by PayPal it was hard to defend their position. I got my money released in two days but it was not worth the headache. Also if you misrepresent what you are selling and it gets lost or the check bounces you have no recource with PayPal to help with getting your money or item back.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've made WAY too many internet purchases to be absolutely sure, but I think I have made a money order out to that very name.
    I questioned it as well by calling him. He said to make it out as you described.

The amount was negligible, so I didn't worry too much about it. I think it may have been for a pair of grips or something. I'm thinking around $35.

You have to follow your gut feeling, and if it had been for a more substantial amount, I may have reconcidered.

I DO think I have had at least one transaction with the individual in question, and everything went smooth as a babies ...., well, you know.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Do you have a LTCH? Ever bought a gun where the ran a NICS check? You're already in more databases than you know. Giving your name to some dude on the interwebz isn't going to change much. I'd be more worried about handing out my mailing address than my name. Then people know where you live.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom