• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I had lasik about 8 months ago. It was by far the best thing I had done. I stillneed reading glasses to read the paper and on the computer. That sucks, but the doc told me that going in.
    That first couple of weeks is the hardest. Your brain does have to learn to "see" again. It has been so use to the old vision for so long. I just gpot back from a two week dive trip in the South Pacific, and it was great not worrying about my contacts and getting water in my eyes.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    so far so good right eye is 20/25 I'm still betting on it healing further to 20/20 or better.... left eye is constant at 20/15.....my vision is only out of focus in the right eye now. I still have a big red blood mark next to my cornea. its kinda like my right eye still has a slight astigmatism. I will see my DR again Friday. I hope to be 20/20 by then. Having my left eye doing all the work is giving me headaches. Ive almost ate a whole bottle of tylenol this week. That cant be good for any living thing....lol

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    I'm glad things are getting better for you, space turtle! We wouldn't trade our LASIK eyes for the world.

I'm curious, what do you mean by you "got the full package" for $2085 per eye? What would they not do, for a less expensive package? Let the intern practice on you or not see you back for follow-up checks or what?

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Price was 4170 total 1400 of that was the life time enhancements package. (warranty) so it was actually like 2800 for both eyes. My right eye is still not healed. Its still got a bloody bruise near the cornea. But my left eye is healed its currently 20/15. but still not completely stable. It takes up to a month for them to stabilize permanently.

Wifey forgot camera but I have pix of my eyes and my purse of junk they gave me...lol Ohh and me in my bed-time sleeping goggles..lol

Fritz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had Lazik 8 years ago. It worked very well. I have normal vision for a person my age (not so very young at all), meaning a bit of presbyopia. I use reading glasses from the drug store for fine print in low light, otherwise none. It's great not needing glasses for hunting and driving. I still prefer an optical sight, but that has to do with the age factor.....

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    WOW this stuff works! I Have super human vision in my left eye 20/10 thats the very last line that is almost invisible to even 20/20 eyesight. I can CLEARLY see the middle 3 letters and can make out the other 2. My right eye is almost healed and has 20/20 and my doctor expects it to reach 20/15. Actually the blood bruise near my cornea is almost gone and has improved greatly in the last couple days. I have yet to hit the range with these new peepers but I doubt I will have any issues seeing my target.

What really sucks is that the eyedrops they gave me to use blur my vision... making my awesome vision like crappy 20/25 And I need to use them because the doc says my blinker fluid gets low.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Ok this has taken 6 weeks due to my eye trauma. But im finally healed both my eyes are better than 20/20. My left eye is 20/10 and (drum roll please) My right eye is..... 20/15 and clear as can be! Its truly amazing! I can see so well its over-whelming at times. I cant wait to goto the range and learn to shoot with these new eyes. If you ever thought of this do it! Dont walk... RUN! Its simply amazing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom