• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Im headed to surgery in the morning nervous and excited. Im documenting this process for INGO. My wife will be taking pictures and video. I will be posting on this thread saturday after i can see again.
    the following is from a previous post it tells of the examination process.

I'm home! And the place I went to was very nice. The exam was very thorough.. 1st they ask me questions..... then there was a test with a bright green bar with a donut in the middle. You stare at the donut while the green bars move. Then the next device had lights that moved to the side and forward again. Then I was taking to another room and got to do the standard right eye/ left eye read the lines. Then the standard lens choosing device. After that they place the numbing drops in my eyes and pushed a pressure gage onto my eyeball...lol after that they gave me drops to dilate my eyes. This was a revisit to my teen age acid days. After about 10mins my eyes where dilated and man the world looked way too bright. Painfully bright. They gave me a plastic sunglasses insert that fit my normal glasses. Then back to the standard eye exam 1 last time. the results...... I have a 3.7 astigmatism and a tiny bit nearsighted in my left eye only.

I am scheduled for Friday morning to have all laser Lasik.. :patriot:
    Im scared....lol

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I've been thinking about this too. Cant wait to see the progress. If i may ask what did it cost?

toucan2442

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    its rather exciting the next morning when you open your eyes. May I ask is the flap being cutting by the laser or the razor instrument?

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    Now you'll have to CGI those glasses off your Turtle. haha. I will hopefully be joining you in a couple years. Waiting for my HSA account to fill back up after my wife's vein surg and my tonsilectomy last year. Can't wait to hear about your new found elation at seeing life in a whole new light.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Lasik was one of the best things i ever did ...
    for a few hours after the surgery it will honestly feel like someone dumped a bucket of sand into your eyes , and you will get sick of wearing the sheilds on your eyes at night for the fisrt few weeks ..

Its been 6 years since i had it done but i would go back and do it again tomorrow if i needed to ...
    Best of luck :ingo::patriot:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    still cant seee...... I suffered a lil eye trauma. will be a couple days b4 my vision gets stable. i kinda fought the suction. damn reflexes...lol

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    vision is great in my left eye.... this used to be my bad eye. my right eye is still blood red on around the cornea. my vision and auto focus is still bad in my right eye. but improving daily. I miss INGO. eyes get tired fast. will continue to udate on my progress.

P.S. I just look 2 cool im my 150$ Oakley sunglasses:rockwoot:

Any one able to put sunglasses on my avitar for me?...lol this would be cool ass hell.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Any one able to put sunglasses on my avitar for me?...lol this would be cool ass hell.

2s0xrhz.jpg

79BRUISER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Congrats, I had mine done 10 years ago. I would do it again every year if I had to. It was amazing that after the procedure I could read the poster accross the room. It was still a bit fuzzy, but readable.

My vision was 20/400, 20/300 with a monster astigmatism. Next morning at the docs office, I was 20/20. :D

I took several months to wake up and not reach for my glasses.:laugh:

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    Best thing I ever did. While I was contracting in Baghdad, my wife met me in Thailand and we both had Lasik done for $5k for both of us. Best money ever spent. 6 days later I was snorkeling in the ocean and enjoying the rest of my vacation.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Today I can read this page much better. I have some discomfort in my right eye and am taking a tylenol regimne 4 times a day. I suffered a lil eye trauma. This may add up to a week on my healing time. I had a huge astigmatism. My auto focus is slow at a distance but improving daily. I am told healing takes between 1 week and a month. And everything Im experiancing is normal. I hope to be clear eyed by time the 1500 comes. So that I might meet some of you. I miss INGO! keep on rockin! Turtle! Turtle!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I woke up with a eagle eye! my left eye is very clear and sharp now. (this was my bad eye) My right eye is still having focus issues. but Is doing a lil better too. But I ventured out of my hibernation today. The world looks great through my left eye. I have never seen things like this b4. I am hopefull my right eye will improve. My right eye is my main shooting eye. so I really need this to clear up...... Tomorrow I goto the eye doctor to have them tested to see where my healing is at. I hope to wake up with more improvement. each day its benn getting better. I hope it continues. My eye focus slow still and get tired easily. I must rest them frequently. On that not I must go do my eye drops. Till tomorrow INGO.... Good night!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Ok im back! I had surgery 1 week today and I have 20/15 in my left eye! And I will find out about my right eye tomorrow morning. its not yet healed but has improve greatly. Both my eyes will continue to change and heal for a couple weeks. But man its nice not having to wear glasses. This is like having new eyes. It seems like my brain is learning how to see again. Its really nice. I never realized how glasses dulled the world. And I dont miss glare at all. Cant wait to buy some shooting glasses? Any suggestions?

Top Bottom