• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    They help get you on paper. Nothing is like shooting that particular round to zero it in. If you are not always scoping firearms, Then you would probably be better off with spending the money on ammo.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I have one and as stated above its great for getting you on paper at a given distance. I would never bore sight a gun and then consider it sighted in though.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have a SiteLite brand one around somewhere. The red dot is hard to see in the day outside and I have nowhere inside that's a straight 25 yd shot to use it properly. The green one is probably a better bet, you can probably see it outside. It comes with a username and password to download some pretty decent ballistic calculating software, btw. You input the caliber, bullet weight, scope height, and I think some other things and it print out a target with two aiming locations, one where you'll point your crosshairs and another dot underneath it to point the dot.(this location changes depending on where you set your zero distance in the software)

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree with several of the other posters...a laser bore sight will save you time and ammo to get "on the paper", however, it will not zero your scope. I have found that patience, range time and ammo are the best tools for accurately adjusting a scope.

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Is this any better then just actually bore sighting the gun by looking through the barrel and aimiming it at a target then lining up the crosshairs of scope with this? I have had success with this method to get on paper with lever guns before.

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    I think a laser is comparable to looking down the bore but not all guns have the ability to look straight down the bore. I would advise getting a universal laser vs the ones that fit in your chamber. Bought the chamber laser for my .308 then got the universal and did the rest of my guns.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Or go to an Appleseed shoot and learn to zero your rifle with five shots (or less) and no boresight! :D

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Zero in a new scope that could be way off to start with in 5 shots or less? I'd be impressed to see that...even more impressed if I could do that. It takes me more then that once I'm already on paper.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Zero in a new scope that could be way off to start with in 5 shots or less? I'd be impressed to see that...even more impressed if I could do that. It takes me more then that once I'm already on paper.

I watched 25 people do it (and did it myself) in April.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom