• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I think he's 'been there done that' enough for me to trust him about anything that goes pew pew.

The problem is he told a half truth to get views. A clean gun with too much oil isn't a problem. It's oil attaches and holds dirt so putting oil (not even excessive mounts) where it shouldn't be will gum it up.

It's like car fuel injector cleaner. Quick way to **** up a running car is to "clean and breakup" the gunk in the system so it clogs it up elsewhere in the system.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Meh.

Larry's a good guy, a bit overdramatic in his speech and getting kind of pudgy, but a trustworthy guy nonetheless.

Nevertheless, I say get an AK and just shoot it. We all know it can take a ham sandwich being dropped in the receiver.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would like to see them roll that gun around in the dirt after... The lube isn't the problem, it's all the junk that gets caught in the lube as people stated lol I think it was behind blue I's who said he would like to see it go through a sand storm!

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I would like to see them roll that gun around in the dirt after... The lube isn't the problem, it's all the junk that gets caught in the lube as people stated lol I think it was behind blue I's who said he would like to see it go through a sand storm!
    this is true but i think he was getting at the point that the absurd amount of oil it self would not jam the gun like a lot of people think it will ive seen this in person with ar15s, people don't oil them enough thinking there going to jam for over lubrication kinda obvious if you ask me moving parts need lube even my ak likes a little grease.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Like many others, I don't think their silly video proved anything.

I just want to share a recent experience with under lubrication. Last week I bought a used Rock River AR from a friend. I had an extra lower with an A2 stock and a 2 1/2 lb. Timney trigger in the safe so I sold the RR lower with it's horrible standard trigger and adjustable stock to another friend. When I disassembled the upper, I found it very dry. Next day the guy who bought the lower emailed me that the lower was dry as a bone. He gauged the dry trigger at 8 lbs. After lubing it, with no other changes, it was down to 7 lbs. Lube in the right place is definitely your friend.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    this is true but i think he was getting at the point that the absurd amount of oil it self would not jam the gun like a lot of people think it will ive seen this in person with ar15s, people don't oil them enough thinking there going to jam for over lubrication kinda obvious if you ask me moving parts need lube even my ak likes a little grease.
    Yeah I grease up my rifles and glocks, but I feel like people who I've always heard say don't over lube or your gun will malfunction is due to the fact it then attracts dirt and grime to gun everything up. That part goes unsaid however. Then somehow this "if you over lube your gun it won't work" because of it got started... But thats just me. I love my guns all lubed up but also clean, that is the key part.

Last edited:

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Yeah I grease up my rifles and glocks, but I feel like people who I've always heard say don't over lube or your gun will malfunction is due to the fact it then attracts dirt and grime to gun everything up. That part goes unsaid however. Then somehow this "if you over lube your gun it won't work" because of it got started... But thats just me. I love my guns all lubed up but also clean, that is the key part.
    i think your right, its a myth that was started by just lack of communication.

Top Bottom