• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I admittedly leaned towards the G43 but decided to keep the Shield with no manual safety as my EDC. Not regretting the decision although the G43 is a nice piece. Nothing wrong with either one IMO.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I so love the comments on that page. He does a comparison between the G43 and the Shield and the Glock loses. So the Glock fanbois swarm in to talk about how superior the G17 and G19 are... lol.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I'll admit I'm a big glock fanboy, but I sold my 43 for a shield. The 43 ate up my trigger finger and I just didn't shoot it well. The shield with the apex kit in it is fantastic.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Guns and Ammo compared a bunch of single stack polymer 9mm's, because the G43 had just come out. They had to love on the Glock, because ad money, but the real winner on accuracy, and tied for first with the G43 and the Taurus for reliability was the Walther PPS. It didn't make the cover of the issue or the first page of the article, but the Glock fanboys and the ad sales department wouldn't have been happy. But between the two Vickers compares here, I have to agree, with a caveat. I would like to know why the Shield malfunctioned in the G&A test, and if that was just a lemon they got for the test.

joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    I had both for several months. My Shield perfectly and I shot it well. The G43 also shoots perfectly and I shoot it equally well. The difference for me was the size. I could carry the G26 as easily as the Shield, so I found myself not carrying the Shield at all. The G43 is enough smaller than the Shield that it carries well for me. I did not feel like I gave up anything moving from the Shield to the G43. But I had no complaints with the Shield.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    One of these days people are going to figure out that carry pistols are extremely subjective. When that happens I think there will be a 10% reduction in worldwide bandwidth usage and everyone's Netflix will speed up.

I've shot several hundred rounds through the shield, nice gun. I've shot around 400 through my G43. I prefer the G43 because I do.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    One of these days people are going to figure out that carry pistols are extremely subjective. When that happens I think there will be a 10% reduction in worldwide bandwidth usage and everyone's Netflix will speed up.

I've shot several hundred rounds through the shield, nice gun. I've shot around 400 through my G43. I prefer the G43 because I do.

You, sir, will never get a job with gun media with that attitude!

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    The G43 was my choice of all the subcompact 9mm because I would not lower myself to having a clinton&wesson in my home. SA and its frame safety was a distant runner up also.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY

What's it like to be wrong? And also, why is House of Cards always buffering or pixelated?

Top Bottom