• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    In the very small rural town where I grew up, if you were lucky enough to find an unfired round in the school parking lot, you picked it up, and kept it to shoot later. No different than finding a dime or a quarter in the ground, really... you pick it up to spend it later.

This whole lockdown situation is like recommending amputation for a hangnail. :ugh:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Geesh, one more thing to worry about: dropping a round in the school parking lot.

Now that I think about it, it's one of the likely places to drop a round. You have to unholster if you are going in, so it's a very real possibility someone emptied a chamber and dropped a 9mm round while doing so.

I don't know how you do it, but if I have to disarm I remove the entire holster with the gun in it and secure it in the car. There's no need to actually remove the gun and unload it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I don't know how you do it, but if I have to disarm I remove the entire holster with the gun in it and secure it in the car. There's no need to actually remove the gun and unload it.

It depends how I am carrying at the time. Some holsters are definitely not appropriate to remove with the gun still in the holster, and don't necessarily fit in the glove box either. Ankle holster for example stays in place and I take the gun out.

I suspect some people always unload and still put their ammo somewhere else when they go in the school also.

... um like on the pavement ? ;)

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I got to thinking about this situation last night and it reminded me of something that happened my senior year. One of my friends and I had to commute to another school for half the day our senior year to take an advanced automotive class that our school did not offer. Well one day my buddy drove his dad's farm truck. So we go about our day in the automotive class when the other school's principal come into the auto shop and pulls both my buddy and I out of class. He says that the school security guard was going around the parking lot and looking in vehicle's for cigs, booze, etc. Well being a farm truck used on a chicken farm, there happened to be a .22 bird shot shell on the floor board for rats. He said that he was supposed to call the police, but he would let us go with a warning.

I was happy back then, but now it seems ridiculous that it was even found and that they were worried about a single .22 bird shot shell.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If this had been early 2013, INGOers would have flocked to the parking lot just to get a glimpse of an unspent 9mm round....then engaged in a bidding war.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is how the faculty gets their dope.

Well -
    Actually, I helped out the custodian during a free period in Jr High. My favorite thing was boltcutting locks off lockers. Usually it was just Me and the custodian. He kept most of what he found. The faculty DID get their dope from him.
    I had dirt on everyone there. Good times.

Top Bottom