• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I didn't get to work any steel with him last time, but from the way he taught the other movement exercises, I would say call the shot and move along.

Call your shot as you press, eyes on the next target, snap to and repeat; That is about the boiled down technique for multiple target engagement that he was teaching last year.

I've found when practicing it on steel, it is a little easier for me to focus on driving to the next target and a lot easier for me to correct mid drill (or at least try to be conscious of there being an issue to evaluate). I hope that made sense.

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would never just listen for the ping, you have to trust your sights. Steel is fun but overuse can make one sloppy on bullet placement, IMO.

The use of steel makes the class go quicker, there is no pasting or checking of targets, you either hit or not.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I wanted to, but the lady wanted to do a course; so we are taking the Givens CCW course the weekend before because it seemed a better fit for her.

if I can get the time off work, and Ernest/John still have a spot nearly last minute I will come, but that's a pretty long shot.

Top Bottom