• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    look in Greene County...(hour west of Bloomington). Lots of old coal mine areas. Great hunting/fishing area. We get tons of people from Indianapolis. Taxes on undeveloped land is pretty cheap. I have around 800 acres all around me (not that I own) but is undeveloped. 1/2 mile from walmart and can shoot out my back door and live on a lake..

Fan blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    MIke - where do you want to be (near what city)? We can find you a good realtor that knows farmsteads well.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    look in Greene County...(hour west of Bloomington). Lots of old coal mine areas. Great hunting/fishing area. We get tons of people from Indianapolis. Taxes on undeveloped land is pretty cheap. I have around 800 acres all around me (not that I own) but is undeveloped. 1/2 mile from walmart and can shoot out my back door and live on a lake..

I don't know if I can move to greene county for personal reasons

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Price reference for OP.

Bought in 2007 10 acre with 1400ft brick ranch built in early 70's with kitchen update for $143,000.

This was in Morgan Ct. north of Martinsville. Had to sell for work 2011, took $146,000. 90% of the land was on a 45 degree mountain.

I looked for 2 years before I found that spot.
    It was awesome to have that place, but a man has to eat.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I don't know if I can move to greene county for personal reasons

That's why land is so much cheaper far away from urban centers, fewer people can afford to live there.

I give up a lot of things to live an hour from anywhere and two hours from urban centers, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I used to think 5 acres was a lot of land. Now it seems like a dot.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's why land is so much cheaper far away from urban centers, fewer people can afford to live there.

I give up a lot of things to live an hour from anywhere and two hours from urban centers, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I used to think 5 acres was a lot of land. Now it seems like a dot.

If I didn't have at least 10 acres, I'd stick with less than 1. 2-3 acres is just extra grass to mow.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    MIke - where do you want to be (near what city)? We can find you a good realtor that knows farmsteads well.
    I'm thinking the Franklin/Greenwood areas but outside of any of the incorporation limits. Lived in Johnson county most of my life and that's where most of my friends/family are but I'm not against moving further away - within 30~60 minutes from either of those cities.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm thinking the Franklin/Greenwood areas but outside of any of the incorporation limits. Lived in Johnson county most of my life and that's where most of my friends/family are but I'm not against moving further away - within 30~60 minutes from either of those cities.

I wouldn't mind heading that way

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom