• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J4Me

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Any suggestions or advice about Land Between The Lakes Rec Area in KY? Fishing , hiking, camping, biking, boating, etc. If you've been and have any suggestions I'd like to hear them. Thanks!

afret20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I have stayed in the KY state parks there two or three times. It is a beautiful place. Are you towing your own boat? I can't help much with the specific information you want but for general vacationing it is quite a nice place. At the south end of the Trace just over the line in TN there is Ft. Donalson (I'm a litte iffy on the name) It is where Grant got one of his first victories. He took the surrender from Gen Buckner who got stuck with the dirty end of the stick when two senior generals ran out on him.

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    I second the suggestion about the Kentucky State Resort parks. We go to LBL hunting about every other year. If you're fishing the Kentucky Lake side, stay at Kenlake state park. If you're on Lake Barkley then stay at Lake Barkley State park. Both are great places. We usually get a cabin, those are well worth it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just to be aware: LBL is ACoE property. And, as such, is a "gun free zone" due to the ACoE rules. There are a few exceptions, but you'll probably not find one that'll allow a handgun on your person.

-J-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just to be aware: LBL is ACoE property. And, as such, is a "gun free zone" due to the ACoE rules. There are a few exceptions, but you'll probably not find one that'll allow a handgun on your person.

-J-

Yep:
    LBL | Regulations
    12. Possession, transportation or discharge of firearms, air guns, crossbows, bows and arrows or other weapons and explosives, including fireworks, is prohibited except authorized hunting equipment during set hunt dates.

J4Me

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    You guys might be interested in the reply I got last week from the LBL Law Enforcement Office ---"Concealed firearms carry permit does not apply to LBL NRA at this time, although the LE officers at LBL will honor the concealed carry permit if there are no other aggravating circumstances. Examples of aggravating circumstances are, but not limited to, violation of the concealed carry permit itself, shooting from a roadway, or shooting outside of the LBL firearms range”.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You guys might be interested in the reply I got last week from the LBL Law Enforcement Office ---"Concealed firearms carry permit does not apply to LBL NRA at this time, although the LE officers at LBL will honor the concealed carry permit if there are no other aggravating circumstances. Examples of aggravating circumstances are, but not limited to, violation of the concealed carry permit itself, shooting from a roadway, or shooting outside of the LBL firearms range”.
    Huh. That's good to know. Hope it holds up in Federal Court when someone DOES get jammed up.

I'd love to see the actual reply. Maybe that can be precedent for other ACoE properties? If Congress won't fix the law, and the ACoE won't give permission, then maybe local LE can "officially" refuse to enforce it (as above).

thanks for sharing!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Eat at Patties and check out the surounding shops. There is an antique store next to Patties that has guns and knives. We stayed at Shawnee Bay Resort and it was a nice time. Rented a cabin and a boat for the week. Bison Prarie was neat to see. Would definatly go back next time a get a chance. My neighbor goes every year and tows his big boat.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Any suggestions or advice about Land Between The Lakes Rec Area in KY? Fishing , hiking, camping, biking, boating, etc. If you've been and have any suggestions I'd like to hear them. Thanks!

Been to LBL many times over the years. Great place to relax. Lot's of stuff to do for just about everyone's interests. If you're into off roading, you must visit Turkey Bay.... It's a bit rocky, but a fun place to ride ATV's, dirt bikes, and OHV. You can also camp their if you want.

Top Bottom