• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did not get out to this one. I had the office, two dozen errands, Lafayette Clean Sweep (I was the designated tire hauler for my neighborhood association), LSB was having a free file shredding service, and I had an intense workout scheduled for the afternoon.

I'll be there for the next one.:)

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    We were walking to the gun show today and a neighbor who worked at Buckle's said Howdy - got to talking and not only didn't he realize that there was a gun show going on, but he's ex-military and shoots at AB here in town! I told him to get his butt logged on here so he can stay in the loop on the shows going on around here!

2nd day was even better than the first! Scored a sweet Tshirt and some waterproof match containers for geocaching!

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Good show Saturday. I have not seen a Lafayette Show this busy. Got a
    great deal on a new Kimber Super Carry from "HAVE GUNS,WILL TRAVEL"
    John Dellacca owns the business, good guy to deal with.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Just got home from the Lafayette show. IT was very slow today but that was expected. I met a few INGO members. Jon Craig and his wife, GarandMD. ALso Dragongunner came down from Ft Wayne and bought a knife. Thanks to all who supported me on this show since it was a slooooow one. The crowd was not too bad on Saturday. Lots of people with no money. Just that time of year I guess and the economy.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I went Sunday afternoon. It was slow.
    But it was great, too. The aisles were wide open. Nobody bumping in to you. The vendors had time to help you. I hadn't been to a gun show like that before! I felt sorry for the vendors. I did make a couple of small purchases, but didn't find any great deals.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I went Sat. morning. Took my nephew, it was his 2nd show. Trying to get him into the whole seen, I think I created a monster! Did not find anything I could not live without though. Decent prices here and there on some things. It varied from table to table. Worth the drive though. It was good to get out, spent most of the week with a throbbing tooth and antibiotic-pain pill cocktail. :n00b:

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went right away on Sunday morning and it wasn't busy at all. Which was the reason I got there at 9:15. I hate crowds! But anyways...I was looking at a few 1911 style pistols and some vendors were willing to work with the prices and others didn't even clean the guns up. 2 of them I was looking at were dirty and the guy told me they were new. I like to support local and small business' but some of the stuff just seemed a little pricey for me. I saw a Glock 33rd 9mm clip for $85!!!! I got one at Ace & Rico's for $48 a few months ago. The only money I spent was the $5 admission. If I wasn't going on vacation this week I would have considered another pistol, but again the price just wasn't there.

I will say all the vendors I did talk to were very nice and a pleasure to deal with!

Splix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the same thing on pricing then. I was disappointed I didnt walk away with anything, but I just couldn't find that "OMG BUY IT NOW BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES" kind of deal.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    There were vendors? Really?

What were they selling? Is knife lady a vendor or a dealer?

Or, are you calling dealers "vendors"?

Yes, I saw many vendors. (definition: a person or agency that sells)
    I guess it depends on which definition you are used to using.

I don't know if the knife lady is a dealer or not. I didn't see anyone playing cards or selling illegal drugs at the show. ;)

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another thing I noticed at the show.....a lot of dealers/vendors/whatever's were selling Taurus' Is something going on with Taurus firearms that I don't know about??? Just thought it was kind of strange. As far as pistols Taurus was the prodiment brand of handguns that I saw for sale.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    There were vendors? Really?

What were they selling? Is knife lady a vendor or a dealer?

Or, are you calling dealers "vendors"?

Well I consider myself a vendor/dealer. I had 3 tables along with Bradsknives. We were set up right in front of the people cooking the food. It would have been a pleasure to have met all you members. Too bad you didnt stop by and say hello. I have 2 weeks off now until the Indy 1500. Hurray. See you all there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, I just get confused as "vendor" is one who supplies manufacturers and "dealer" is one who transfers property. I've been told that using "vendor" for "dealer" came from the IT/computer world.

I thought maybe there were sellers of gun/knife parts (or "fixings" depending on where you are raised) at the Lafayette show.

Sort of like CCW or "Class III"--as the technical names are overused or incorrect, but I know what you mean.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    All I bought was a 1911 recoil spring Saturday morning.

Saw some OK deals, just nothing I needed to hemorage money on currently.

Top Bottom