• Status
    Not open for further replies.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm not sure of People's Brewerys feelings on OC. But there's a few of us in the club that brew and shoot. Just have to space it out over a day or so. You're all welcome to try some free home brew at People's on Sunday.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm not sure of People's Brewerys feelings on OC. But there's a few of us in the club that brew and shoot. Just have to space it out over a day or so. You're all welcome to try some free home brew at People's on Sunday.

I had a trip to the home brew place in Indy on my soon-to-do-list. Didn't know about your group. I'm going to stop by Sunday!!! I'd love to get into home brewing now that I'm retired. Rut Roh - thread jack ... SORRY!

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I agree! I'll leave it up to schapm if we change. I like the Brew Pub too! I'm just glad to get something going in this area.

So ... are you attending?

I like People's and LBC beer very much, and either one would be convenient for me. I don't care about making this an OC *event* but the comment about supporting businesses that at least don't actively hate on RKBA is well taken, and if others want to OC they are certainly welcome to do so. Now the question is, does anyone have a problem with moving the meeting to LBC? I am open to holding future meetings at People's too, I am simply asking about LBC because we know they are gun friendly and it was the first one suggested.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    I vote LBC - they even have that big table back by the restrooms that'll seat 10 or so. --- People's doesn't have food or space.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    DT Kirby's is right across the street ... if we need to move somewhere. Great place and I'm sure (but haven't verified!!) NP on OC. It's just really small.

jsnowy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Dave, got your PM.

I appreciate the invite but I have a commitment in Delphi that night. Be sure to keep me posted on the next meeting and I will try to make it!

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    IMPORTANT- The venue has changed to Lafayette Brewing Company on Main street. I have edited the OP to reflect this. If you go to BW3s you will be drinking alone!

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Good news that there is a local group. However that weekend I'll be
    working. I will keep an eye out for other Lafayette activities/events
    and hope I can make the next! Thanks DaveL for the invite.

:ingo::patriot:

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Good news that there is a local group. However that weekend I'll be
    working. I will keep an eye out for other Lafayette activities/events
    and hope I can make the next! Thanks DaveL for the invite.

:ingo::patriot:

No worries for those who can't attend. Future meetings will be posted. I have had some people ask what will be covered in the first meeting, and I wanted to post the answer here in case others wondered but hadn't asked.

Basically this first meeting is just a nose count to see who/how many might be interested and a chance to get to know each other and enjoy the company of like minded people. In future meetings we will invite experts to give talks and demonstrations on a wide variety of topics. I envision first aid/cpr, soapmaking, comms, knife sharpening, fire making, and anything else that members might know something about or have a line on a teacher. I am also open to the idea of swap meets, practice bug-outs, and just plain social gatherings from time to time.

Sullivan_pbr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Romney
    I'll try to stop by if I'm not working. Would be nice to meet some gun owners around here. Believe it or not I don't have even one friend that owns a gun. Are wives welcome to come along?

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm not the organizer, but my wife will be there (she probably shoots better than I do anyway) ... If I'm drinking 85, she'll do the driving LOL

Last edited:

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    If I was in town id love to go. Ive been up here in Lafayette for about 3 years and dont really know a whole lot of people but im down to meet fellow ingoers

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ah, good food, great beer and stimulating conversation ... I learned a lot. Thanks to all who attended. I look forward to the next get-together. I obviously have a lot of learning to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom