Ladies: No shaving your bikini area while driving...You'll cause an accident!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey, only lady drivers would do this :evilangel:

FHP: Driver lacked razor-sharp focus
    BY ADAM LINHARDT Citizen Staff
    alinhardt@keysnews.com
    FHP: Driver lacked razor-sharp focus | KeysNews.com

As authorities nationwide warn motorists of the dangers of driving while texting, Florida Keys law enforcement officers add a new caution: Don't try to shave your privates, either.

Florida Highway Patrol troopers say a two-vehicle crash Tuesday at Mile Marker 21 on Cudjoe Key was caused by a 37-year-old woman driver who was shaving her bikini area while her ex-husband took the wheel from the passenger seat.

"She said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be ready for the visit," Trooper Gary Dunick said. "If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it. About 10 years ago I stopped a guy in the exact same spot ... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

If that weren't enough, Megan Mariah Barnes was not supposed to be driving and her 1995 Ford Thunderbird was not supposed to be on the road.

The day before the wreck, Barnes was convicted in an Upper Keys court of DUI with a prior and driving with a suspended license, said Monroe County Assistant State Attorney Colleen Dunne. Barnes was ordered to impound her car, and her driver's license was revoked for five years, after which time she must have a Breathalyzer ignition interlock device on any vehicle she drives, Dunne said. Barnes also was sentenced to nine months' probation.

Barnes and Charles Judy were southbound in her Thunderbird at 11 a.m. when they slammed into the back of a 2006 Chevrolet pickup driven by David Schoff of Palm Bay. His passengers were a man and two women; the latter were treated for minor injuries at Lower Keys Medical Center, FHP spokesman Alex Annunziato said.

Schoff had slowed to about 5 mph to make a turn when the Thunderbird hit him, traveling about 45 mph, which was within the speed limit, Dunick said.

Barnes allegedly drove another half-mile, then switched seats with Judy, who allegedly claimed to be driving, Annunziato said.

"She jumps in the back seat and he moves over," Dunick said. "It was like the old comedy bit, 'Who's on first?' "

Burns on Judy's chest from the passenger-side airbag deploying belied their story, Dunick said. The airbag in the steering wheel did not deploy, he said.

Troopers charged Barnes with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, leaving the scene of a wreck with injuries and driving with no insurance. Judy was not charged.

Barnes faces a maximum of a year in jail if found guilty of violating her probation due to the wreck, Dunne said.

"My phone has been ringing off the hook all day, and I know there's a funny side to this, but it's also deadly serious. This is a scary road and a lot of bad wrecks are caused by dumb stuff like this," Dunick said. "It is unbelievable. I'm really starting to believe this stuff only happens in the Keys."​

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Her ex was steering so she could shave her ho-ha before meeting her boyfriend...I pray they didn't reproduce.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Her ex-husband took the wheel, so she could shave herself to be ready for a date with her boyfriend? Then tried to take the fall for her?

Strikes me as a gigantic "bikini area" himself.

As for the rest of the story? Not surprised. I've seen people putting on makeup, driving through rush hour with a newspaper opened in front of them, etc.

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    Her ex-husband took the wheel, so she could shave herself to be ready for a date with her boyfriend? Then tried to take the fall for her?

Strikes me as a gigantic "bikini area" himself.

As for the rest of the story? Not surprised. I've seen people putting on makeup, driving through rush hour with a newspaper opened in front of them, etc.

My favorite part of the story...ex-husband drives her to boyfriend, while shaving.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Not surprised...almost ran into a guy on the interstate today who was reading a newspaper while traveling down the road at 80 mph. The driver of my vehicle swerved to avoid...the other guy never looked up from the paper. Unreal.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Not as bad ad the guy and his girl experimenting with a saw-zaw and a "toy" with a regular saw-zar blade attached..... not the "toy" attacment....... it worked great for a second or two then she had to go to the hospital........

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    What'a sweet girl, tryin' to be all fresh like that!
    I'll bet she is a real keeper?

The only thing dumber might be driving down A1A in a Mustang GT convertible and taking pictures above the windshield with one hand while driving with the other.
    Who the HELL would be dumb enough to do that?

01717.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom