• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Rooftop about 15' from edge of 4 story roof. 480 3 oh. so I dropped the main gear...tested the voltage and good to go on a 2nd stage compressor change out. Went to pull the crankcase heat and got my vision back sitting on the edge of the roof facing the unit. Bleeding and hurting terribly.
    Some dim-wit wired the heater on the T side of the main gear so it was hot all the time. 277 hurts.............a lot.

Tag out lock out my friend. Not that I have always followed the rules.

The rules have gotten more strict as the years have gone down. I used to climb oily steel stories above ground to replace something without safety gear. Now our guys have to prophylactic themselves for everything.

Of course I agree with this because no one should have to go home injured or worse never make it home to the wife and kids.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tag out lock out my friend. Not that I have always followed the rules.

The rules have gotten more strict as the years have gone down. I used to climb oily steel stories above ground to replace something without safety gear. Now our guys have to prophylactic themselves for everything.

Of course I agree with this because no one should have to go home injured or worse never make it home to the wife and kids.

Well, of course that is the right way these days. This was around the time that was making it into the service world. The 5 story journey to the basement and the main panels was not something I was in the mood to do at the time. Turns out I should have. We try and trust those who have come before us.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    It amazes me the number of young men in this country who can't figure out that the belt goes ABOVE the butt cheeks, and hips....oh and the bill of the baseball cap goes towards the front...and should be curved...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime."

I prefer "give a man fire and you keep him warm for a day. LIGHT him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." :evilangel:

It amazes me the number of young men in this country who can't figure out that the belt goes ABOVE the butt cheeks, and hips....oh and the bill of the baseball cap goes towards the front...and should be curved...

Or that you are supposed to remove the adhesive labels from the hats before wearing.

Top Bottom