• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jkarnes82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2023
    Indianapolis
    With the local rifle hunting laws changing over the past couple years, and plans for some western antelope and muley trips, I’m looking into buying my first left handed bolt gun. I have always just purchased ambi stocked r/h long guns and mainly used them from the bench..rarely in the field except for yotes and such. Locally I’ve just used the ole smokepole or a bow on deer. But i like excuses for buying new lead slingers :cool:

While I haven’t decided on a caliber yet…I’m curious if there’s a noticed difference in the field if a follow up shot is needed, or just comfort in general on spot and stalk hunts between the two for a L/H shooter? I’m sure I’m overthinking this (which I usually do :nuts:) Just curious in to what the southpaws have found comfortable.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I recently traded for a LH bolt, I've been looking for one for years, and the stars aligned and I found one. There are lefties on line that you can order, or try big guns shows ( small shows tend to be small trader/sellers who usually stay away from guns that they can't move) The NRA convention is coming to Indy next week, join, go there, and talk to the gun companies about ordering one...heck, they're all going to be there...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I bought my first LH bolt a couple months ago. A Savage. The one thing I didnt like about shooting a RH gun was follow up shots. They werent fast because you have to let go with your support hand.

I'll bring it to the Proteq open shoot in June if you want to give her a go. (just bring some factory 308)

Jkarnes82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I bought my first LH bolt a couple months ago. A Savage. The one thing I didnt like about shooting a RH gun was follow up shots. They werent fast because you have to let go with your support hand.

I'll bring it to the Proteq open shoot in June if you want to give her a go. (just bring some factory 308)
    Definitely what i was thinking…Much appreciated! Might just take you up on that as well

Jkarnes82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I recently traded for a LH bolt, I've been looking for one for years, and the stars aligned and I found one. There are lefties on line that you can order, or try big guns shows ( small shows tend to be small trader/sellers who usually stay away from guns that they can't move) The NRA convention is coming to Indy next week, join, go there, and talk to the gun companies about ordering one...heck, they're all going to be there...
    Thank ya sir! Been eyeballing a L/H Tikka T3x superlite at Sportmans warehouse but hesitant because of the shiny stainless barrel, definitely will keep searching.

Top Bottom