• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    What is it that some people on here have done with L-1 identity solutions that seems to speed up the processing time on recieving your ltch? thanks for any info

beclende

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    West of town
    It does speed up the process, but I don't know how exactly. I applied online and was fingerprinted at L-1 last week then went downtown and paid my local fee on Monday. My permit was in the mail tonight when I got home, so three days from completing the process.

yankeetownboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Brownsburg, in
    Yep, I did the L-1 finger print and they handle the money order for the ISP. Did all on a Tue and had permit on Sat. and truth be known, I did not check the mail on Fri. so it may have been there already. :):

JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    couldent find anything on there website guess will just have to call them. does it matter where you live? I thought you were suppusto apply to your local police dept dident know you could go directly downtown

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You will still have to go to your local PD with an additional $50.00 money order.

But do the L-1 thing, follow the prompts, print the online completed forms. It's worth the extra.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I used the service. I did the local end on a tuesday and had my permit the following Wednesday, 8 days total including the weekend.

Thunder219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    i waited 6 weeks last year.....friend of mine just did his last month and it was less than i week with the L-1 option. well worth the extra $11 i thought.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Damn, wish I would have known about this 6 weeks ago. still waiting on my LTCH! :xmad: Its alright though my holster won't be here for a couple weeks anyways.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I recall a poster a few months ago who I thought had gotten his deal all screwed up because of L1.

Glad to hear the bugs are worked out, and it's an efficient way to get things done.

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    I filled out the online application, paid the almost $90 (includes state fee and their extra charge of $11 or so), went downtown (I live in Acton, so with no local PD i had to goto my county, Marion, to pay the local fee) to pay local fee (and got finger printed just cause) then went to my L-1 appointment and got finger printed there.

Is their anything else i need to do?

Does it need to be notarized, or am i g2g?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I filled out the online application, paid the almost $90 (includes state fee and their extra charge of $11 or so), went downtown (I live in Acton, so with no local PD i had to goto my county, Marion, to pay the local fee) to pay local fee (and got finger printed just cause) then went to my L-1 appointment and got finger printed there.

Is their anything else i need to do?

Does it need to be notarized, or am i g2g?

i don't know but gettin' double printed(paper & digitally) might hurt.....the paper way is much slower than digitally.... but i could be wrong...:dunno:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I need specific details.
    I've not heard of this until now.
    How is it done? Where is it done?
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

what county you in?....here is the list...

IMPORTANT: Currently, online submissions of Indiana Handgun Applications are not accepted in all counties. Before continuing, ensure (and click) that the county you are applying to exists in the following list:

ADAMS
    ALLEN
    BARTHOLOMEW
    BOONE
    BROWN
    CASS
    CLARK
    CLINTON
    DELAWARE
    ELKHART
    FLOYD
    GREENE